Gfx EJ Volbo
This is an Expert Advisor for serious and patient traders. It is a volatility breakout system (trend following) developed for EURJPY. Even if the historical performance does not guarantee future results, we think that this system stacks seriously the odds in your favor:
- It is based on sound principle (volatility breakout -> trend following).
- It is a price action system with only one indicator (ATR is used to measure volatility).
- It has a positive reward/risk ratio (average profit trade/average loss trade = 184/138 = 1.33).
- A win rate over 56%: Psychologically, more easy to trade.
- Excellent profit factor (Net profit/Maximum drawdown=10.07). It will work well in compounding mode.
- Robust: during the optimization phase, 96% parameters combination was profitable (691/720) (see Figure 3).
- High expected payoff ($45/1 mini-lot). The EA is less sensitive to spread and can be traded with any broker.
- 259 trades over 5 years (50 trades/year). The results of backtest are more statistically significant.
- There is a stop loss for each trade. You can sleep well, while the EA does the work for you.
- It can be traded with a starting capital as low as $250 for a micro account ($500 is more conservative).
Some EA characteristics:
- ECN compatible. 4/5 digits.
- No Hedging.
- No risky money management like martingale or adding to losing position.
- Takes one position per week and this position is always closed before the weekend.
- During 5 years, the largest drawdown duration is about 8 months. But the drawdown is very reasonable. Need patience to make money.
- Two compounding algorithms: 1=Fixed risk; 2=Fixed margin. That's what make people rich if the EA has an edge. Be aware that compounding comes with large equity swing (Figure 4 shows profit with compounding mode for a starting capital of $1 000 and 5 years).
- With the same parameters, the EA makes profit on 14 over 24 currency pairs. Note that some currency pairs trend well and others are mean reversion ones (see Figure 5).