Condor 4x multicurrency EA for upto 13 symbols
The Condor-4x Expert Advisor
"Condor 4x" constantly increases or decreases the volume being traded at any time, depending on the distance of the quoted price from a pivot one (which keeps approaching - in tiny steps - the quoted price, whenever the latter has already moved towards the pivot, enough for a reasonable reduction of the traded volume to be decided). As by its default parameter values, "Condor 4x" carries out hundreds of multi-currency trades monthly (more on bigger accounts). It incorporates an improved algorithm to reduce the risk from "averaging down", by optimizing the width of price zones where trading actions are possible, and this is what makes it safer and more efficient than its ancestor "Condor_EA.ex5".
The program uses a file named "Nx12.dat" to keep inside two variable values per instrument, and recover them eventually, after a possible interruption. In particular, the GBPUSD record of 12 bytes holds the pair's latest pivot price (8 bytes), as well as the 4-bytes long "current minimal volume" (in micro-lots), optimally proportional to the free margin that was calculated just before the evolving GBPUSD position was first created.
Account Currency: USD, EUR, GBP or AUD.
- Preparation: Load the MetaTrader 5 platform and make sure that the Expert Advisor file (Condor4xEA.ex5) is present under "Expert Advisors" in the Navigator window.
- Add currency pairs:
- Make sure that as many as possible of the following 13 currency pairs (including EURCAD by default) are present in "Market Watch": GBPUSD, EURUSD, USDCAD, EURGBP, USDCHF, EURCHF, GBPCHF, EURCAD, AUDUSD, EURAUD, USDJPY, EURJPY and GBPJPY.
- To add a pair in Market Watch, right-click on Symbol, left-click on "Symbols".
- Click [+] to expand (if needed) the respective Forex list.
- Double-click on the pair-name (to turn its gray icon to orange).
- Click OK (after having added all missing pairs in the same way).
- Open a GBPUSD-M1 (1 minute) chart, select it by clicking on its title.
- Activate the AutoTrading toolbar icon.
- Locate "Condor4xEA.ex5" in "Expert Advisors" (in the platform's Navigator).
- Right-click on it, select "Attach to Chart".
- Select "Common" (just to remove any auto-trading restrictions).
- Select "Inputs", double-click on the value (=44) of the 6th parameter from top (Lots), change it to zero (0).
- Click OK (number 156 will appear at top left of the chart).
- Re-attach the EA from the platform's Navigator (i.e. right-click on "Condor4xEA.ex5" and Attach to Chart).
- Wipe off EURCAD or any other symbol NOT SHOWN in Market Watch by selecting "Inputs" and setting the respective Free#Margin to 0.
- Click OK.
THE FOLLOWING SET OF 3 ACTIONS IS OPTIONAL (implying initialization of all pivot prices, which closes gradually any open positions):
Panos (Panagiotis Karagiorgis)
Trading Systems Developer