- Comments (2)
- What's new
SFE Indices MT4
This EA trades indices CFDs, using different strategies.
Setup this EA requires some expertise because the CFDs products have some particularities in his definition in different brokers, therefore, is strongly recommended do a backtest before use it live, to be sure all is OK.
You can visit the smartforexexpert website for view the current brokers tested and the set files for each broker. The default parameters corresponds to ICMarkets broker.
You can also get support in the SFE Telegram group.
If you want to do setup the parameters for other broker or backtest yourself, the next steps must be done:
1. Use always the timeframe 5, either on backtest or live. Use better a Forex symbol for do the backtest and also for launch live the EA, for example and EURUSD symbol in m5.
2. Update the strings on the three parameters 'Symbol List'
in these parameters, put the names of the indices cfds of your broker, that corresponds to these markets: US indices in list 1, US and Stoxx and Germany index on list 2, and UK index on list 3. The names must be separated by semicolon.
3. Put the parameters 'Test Full List' to 1. And 'Use fixed balance 10.000' to 1
4. Launch the backtest from 2018 for example. Check the max. loss of the trades. If they are around 100, all is OK because the risk is 1%/trade for a 10k balance. If you observe strange values like a loss of 1.000, this means is a problem in the definition of the parameters of the CFD, and this can be corrected in the configuration of the EA. For do this:
- Put the name of the CFD that is doing 10 times more loss than risk desired, on the parameter 'Symbol Risk Adjustement'. As the value of the parameter 'Risk Adjustement' is 0.1, this will change the size of the trades of this CFD, dividing by 10, and then the expected risk will be OK.
(this can happen in some brokers because there is a problem in the definition of the symbol parameters fixed by the broker)
- Broker GMT. Enter the GMT offset of your broker in the winter period (not DST)
- Broker appplies DST. Enter 'yes' if your broker changes the GMT offset, in the DST period
- Autolot. Balance percentage to consider (between 0-200.0)
- Autolot. Size %risk/trade. Risk assumed in each position.
- Use system 1 : 0.no 1.yes
- Use system 2 : 0.no 1.yes
- Use system 3 : 0.no 1.yes
- System 1 Symbol List (US indices) : the names must be separated by semicolon
- System 2 Symbol List (US,STOXX and DE indices) : the names must be separated by semicolon
- System 3 Symbol List (UK indices) : the names must be separated by semicolon
- Risk Adjustement. **Check this parameter!!** Visit the website for more information
- Symbol Risk Adjustement. **Check this parameter!!**
- Min. Virtual Balance (used if balance is below this value)
- Max. Virtual Balance (used if >0 and balance is above this value)
- Max. Lot Size. If > 0, limit the max. size of the position.
- Define the order comment. Special key word: #magic
- Test Full List (put 1 to test the symbols on the list at once) ONLY FOR MT5
- Test Fix Balance 10.000 (Put 1 for Fix the balance to10.000) the size of the orders will be calculated always with this fixed value