I present to your attention a trading robot that trades seasonal patterns. The idea is to look for well-predictable time intervals (hours), so trades are opened only at the beginning of a specific hour. For example, at the beginning of a European or American session. After that, a machine learning model is created and tested on the new data. If testing on new data shows the same good results as on training data, such a model is used as a separate module built into the robot. Based on this, many strategies can be built into the bot and it can be updated over time.
Currently, there is one strategy for the GBPUSD currency pair for the hourly time frame. The bot should be placed on this particular currency pair and on any time frame from 1 minute to an hour. Results may vary slightly, but will be similar overall.
The bot also trades well on AUDUSD and EURUSD, however, it was not specially trained for them.
Since the EA is highly automated, it has only few configurable parameters. Below is a list of them:
- Orders magic - a standard parameter for all Expert Advisors, sets a unique identification number of orders and open positions so that there are no conflicts with other Expert Advisors on the account.
- Progressive lot - coefficient of increasing the position volume depending on the balance value. With an increase in profit, the lot will increase, with a decrease, it will decrease.
- Fixed lot - a fixed volume is set for all positions. If you set this setting to zero, then a progressive lot will be used.
- Stop loss - protective stop loss for all positions *
- Take profit - limit profit for all positions *
* the bot itself closes both unprofitable and profitable trades based on signals. Stop loss and take profit serve as an additional protective mechanism in case of force majeure. However, by optimizing them, you can improve your trading.
The current strategy has been trained over the last six months and passed the test in 5 years, so it is quite stable. However, strategies may be periodically updated and new ones added, follow the updates.
The robot is insensitive to the trading conditions of brokers, since the H1 time frame is used.
January 17, 2021 NEW OPPORTUNITY, GRID trading! Additional settings:
- Orders Distance - distance between grid orders in 5-digit points.
- OrdersNumber - the maximum number of orders in the grid. If set to 0, no grid is used.
Now you can launch the bot on any time frame below H1 (inclusive). This can increase the number of transactions.