Straddle EA by Hitz
The main use of Straddle EA is to trade at the major fundamental news events. It opens 2 pending orders Buy Stop and Sell Stop to capture the market single direction movements at the time of news.
The EA will run from "News Time – Seconds before News Time" to "Expiration Time". These are the sequence of states in the EA:
- Waiting: Before "News Time – Seconds before News Time". The EA is waiting to start.
- Passed: The EA started and trade executed.
- Expired: The EA expired, after the expiration time.
After you attached the EA to a chart it will show the following information on the chart:
- Type of trade opens at activation.
- Trade settings information: lot, gap, TP & SL.
- Trailing Setting.
- Trade activation and expiration time.
- Current status of the EA: Waiting, Expired, and Passed.
You can hide all the information displayed in the chart by setting false to Display in Display Setting.
- Trade Type: Type of order open at news time.
- Buy Trade: Open only buy stop order.
- Sell Trade: Open only sell stop order.
- Both: Open both type of orders (buy stop and sell stop).
- Lot Size: Lot size of the trade.
- Buy Gap (in points): Gap for the buy stop trade.
- Sell Gap (in points): Gap for the sell stop trade.
- Take Profit (in points): Take profit in points.
- Stop Loss (in points): Stop loss in points.
- Comment: Comment in all the trades.
- Magic Number: Magic number of the trade.
- Enable Trailing: Enable the trailing.
- Trail Only Profit: If enabled, trail only when trades come to profit.
- Trailing Start (in Points): Trailing window. When Trail Only Profit is enabled, it tells the starting point.
- Trailing Step (in Points): Forward step of the trailing.
- Trade Only Once: If true, open pending order only once. In other case, open pending order again as soon as all the orders are closed.
- Cancel Opposite Order: As soon as one pending order gets executed, close the other one.
- Close Pending Order on Expire: After the expiration, close all pending orders.
- Close Live order on Expire: After the expiration, close all the live orders.
- Display: Shows the indicator information on chart.
- Location: Location of the display window.
- Top-Left: Display all the details in top-left place.
- Bottom-Left: Display all the details in bottom-left place.
- Font Size: Size of the font.
- Other Color: General Color.
- Header/Footer Color: Header and footer color of display window.
- Background Color: Background color of display window.
- Position X: X-axis position of display window.
- Position Y: Y-axis position of display window.
We recommend using the EA in demo account first to understand all the functionality.
Connect with me at https://www.mql5.com/en/users/hitaroratrader
You can contact me for:
- Any bug fixing or clarification in the EA.
- New additions to the EA.