Trend and flat indicator
The indicator detects presence of a trend or a flat using a new unique algorithm to analyze the peak values of the price. This indicator is not a modification of any other indicator. It is a completely new development.
- Absolutely new unique algorithm for measuring the trend and the flat.
- The indicator uses analysis of the main price extremes.
- The signals of the indicator are easy to interpret.
- The indicator is suitable for any timeframe.
- The indicator signal is in the interval between -1 and 1.
How to use the indicator
Measuring the trend or the flat on a currency pair is very easy to do. Just check the following:
- If the value of the indicator is 0, then there is a flat on the currency pair at the moment.
- If the value of the indicator is positive, then there is an uptrend on the currency pair at the moment.
- If the value of the indicator is negative, then there is a downtrend on the currency pair at the moment.
- extremum detector period - this parameter affects the sensitivity of the indicator to price surges. The higher the parameter value, the more powerful peak prices are analyzed by the indicator and the weaker price jumps are ignored.
- period of smoothing - this parameter affects the period of moving average for smoothing the indicator signal. The higher the parameter value, the more smoothly the indicator changes.
- slew rate - this parameter affects the rate of increase of the indicator signal. The higher the parameter value, the faster the indicator reacts. This parameter of the indicator should be changed together with the "period of smoothing" parameter in order to get the best results of the signal detection.