GRat_News is a fully automatic Expert Advisor that trades important news at the beginning of the European and American trading sessions - at the moments of volatility spikes (hereinafter - Events). Recognizes the value of newly released important news. Takes the server time into account. You can test it on history data.
- Automatically reads current important news.
- Converts the Event time to the server time with consideration of Daily Saving Time. The default settings are for EET.
- Before an Event, it places pending stop orders at the upper and lower Bollinger Bands, if the price is near the middle Bollinger line.
- If the value of the released news is close to the forecasted one, the stop orders are deleted.
- If the value of released news implies a sharp price movement in any direction, the opposite stop order is deleted.
- Untriggered stop orders are deleted after a certain time.
- The activated orders are closed by take profit, trailing stop or at the end of the day.\
- The lot size can be either constant or proportional.
Timeframes and pairs
- M1: EURUSD
Preparation for work
- In Tools - Options - Expert Advisors tick Allow WebRequest for listed URL, add the http://ec.forexprostools.com URL.
- For testing, a news history file for the testing period in the .csv format (separated by “;”) is required. It should include only the most significant news affecting the EURUSD pair. The history file should not contain more than 5000 entries and more than 4 simultaneous news items. File format:
YYYY.MM.DD HH:MM;Name;Currency;Forecast;Actual, where
YYYY.MM.DD HH:MM – news release time (GMT),
Name – the name of the news in English, as in http://ec.forexprostools.com,
Currency – currency,
Forecast – the expected news value,
Actual – the actual news value.
Example of file contents:
2017.11.24 04:00;German Ifo Business Climate Index (Nov);EUR;116.6;117.5
2017.11.27 10:00;New Home Sales (Oct);USD;625K;685K
2017.11.28 02:30;BoE Gov Carney Speaks;GBP;;
2017.11.28 09:45;FOMC Member Powell Speaks;USD;;
The file must be located in \tester\files.
- Lots – lot size of an order opened within the original strategy, with the account equity specified in the Equity parameter.
- Equity – the account equity, at which the size of the original strategy order lot is equal to Lots (for proportional lot). To keep lot constant set Equity = 0.
- PriceDeltaPoints – the number of price changes for the next calculation of EA. Used to filter small price fluctuations.
- ServerUTCOffset – the time difference between the standard server time and UTC.
- ServerDSTStart – a string of the form [W<w>]D<d>M<m>[H<h>], specifying the transition to DST server time, where
- <w> - transition week, 0 - latest;
- <d> - transition day of the week, 0 - Sunday, 1 - Monday, etc; if [W<w>] is not specified, then <d> - day of the month;
- <m> - transition month;
- <h> - transition hour, 0 if [H<h>] is not specified.
- ServerDSTEnd – a string similar to ServerDSTStart, specifying the transition from DST to standard server time. The default value is for EET: W0D0M10H1 – the last Sunday of October at 01:00 server time.
- OpenSecondsBefore – the number of seconds before an Event to place stop orders.
- TrailSeconds – the number of seconds after the Event to start trailing stop.
- VTMinutes – the number of minutes after the Event to gradually decrease the distance and step of trailing stop.
- CloseHour - hour to force close orders at the end of the day.
- BBPeriod - averaging period to calculate the Bollinger Bands.
- BBLevel – the level (the number of standard deviations from the middle Bollinger line) to place stop orders.
- BBLevelTake – take profit level relative to BBLevel.
- BBLevelTrail – trailing stop level relative to BBLevel.
- BBLevelStep – trailing stop step relative to BBLevel.
- KU – the ratio of the volatility of the American session to the European one.
- TestNewsFile - the name of the news history file for testing.
The default value is for EET: W0D0M3H1 – the last Sunday of March at 01:00 server time.