The trading robot is adjusted for trading on a real account. The robot trades inside a channel formed by moving averages. Trades are only opened with trend, near the border line. Take Profit is set at the opposite side of the channel. Deals are always by stop losses.
Trading Strategy Characteristics
The robot calculates a trend channel limited by moving averages. The channel line gradient determines trend direction and strength. The EA enters the market when the price approaches the border regression. Profit is taken near the line at the opposite side of the channel. Since the deals are only opened in the trend direction, the EA tries to close the majority of deals with profit. Losing positions are averaged using additional deals, which are calculated so that their aggregate sum could also be closed with profit (it is smaller than in the basic mode, but the overall result should be positive). As the deposit grows, the money management is applied to increase the volume of trades to match returns and risk with available funds. Robot testing and use are demonstrated in the video.
The default parameters are optimized to trade with the minimal risk on EURUSD H1. The EA was tested with the specified parameters using Alpari real account quotes. Testing results:starting with the initial deposit of $1000 on EURUSD H1, the robot earned $550 from 01/01/16 to 31/05/17; net profit comprised 55%. Use of a higher deposit and of the initial lot may proportionally increase profitability. There is potential for its expansion by a simple optimization of some of its parameters.
No indicators are required for the EA operation. All necessary algorithms are contained in a single EA file. For a visual observation of the channle, it is desired (not necessary) to use the standard Moving Average. Its period should be set equal to Period lines of the channel. It is desired to run 3 indicators on one chart: using High, Low and Median prices.
The robot is easily optimizable for other currency pairs and timeframes. Parameters recommended for optimization are marked by (*). I will provide the product buyers with the optimization specifics in a personal message.
- Language - English, Russian;
- Magic number - magic number for orders;
- Method of smoothing lines of the channel - choose the method;
- Period lines of the channel - the period of the moving averages; (*)
- Entry criteria - the distance to the trend line (% of the channel width) to enter/exit a trade;
- Gradient criteria - minimum gradient of the channel, with which market entry is allowed, pts; (*)
- Offset for determining Gradient criteria - offset of the historic bar, relative to which the gradient is determined;
- Distance to belay purposes - distance in points.
- Use martingale - enable the martingale function (Yes, No);
- Step of averaging positions - step in points (*);
- Coefficient of change of the lot - lot increase value;
- Maximum number of steps for averaging positions - the maximum number of averaging step (if exceeded, close all) (*);
- Coefficient of stop - the proportion of the averaging step, determining the stop behind the level of the last order, 0.1 ... 1) (*);
- Specified profit with averaging - preset averaging profit, $ per 0.01 lot.
- Clearance - gap above distinctive spots (points);
- Use money management - enable the money management system(Yes, No).
- Initial lot - initial lot.
Interface parameters allow setting the information display style on the screen and does not require comments.
The robot can be used on 5 and 4 digit quotes. The digit parameter is determined automatically. At the same time, the input parameters specified in points should always be set as for 5-digit quotes (set by default).