Signal Testing MT4
The purpose of this Expert Advisor is to analyze the MetaTrader 4 signals. The main idea is to emulate the signal copying in the MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester.
This product allows you to:
- Analyze the signal history for the period it was not monitored;
- Obtain a detailed report, and more importantly, to estimate the drawdown for the ENTIRE period of the signal's history;
- Perform testing with a fixed lot;
- Evaluate the possibility of copying the given signal: how much it depends on the quotes and spread;
- Analyze the drawdown of each individual order (operation results are output to a file with the data);
- Verify the reliability of the obtained results based on the difference in the planned and the actual Open/Close price data;
- Ability to simulate copying the signal at different quotes, spread, initial deposit value, lot percentage values.
How to use this EA:
- Select the MetaTrader 4 signal of interest;
- Store the signal history to the common folder of the terminals: ..\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common\Files. If the file is not found, the Expert Advisor will indicate this in the log (see screenshots);
- Specify the history file name (without the "csv" extension) in the EA settings;
- Run the test.
Description of the Settings:
- Max. delay opening an order in seconds - the maximum delay for opening orders in seconds. If there are no quotes in this time period, the order will not be opened;
- Lot type - type of the used lot - percentage of the lot specified in the file or fixed lot;
- Lot, % - usage percentage of the volume specified in the file;
- Lot, fix - fixed lot value;
- Level type - type of the used lot - specified in the file or fixed;
- TakeProfit fix, point - fixed take profit in points, if 0 or less - disabled;
- StopLoss fix, point - fixed stop loss in points, if 0 or less - disabled;
- Hour +/- - adjustment to the time stored in the file, in hours. Required when the current account time does not match the signal time;
- File name IN- name of the incoming file which contains orders;
- File name OUT - name of the file to store the results;
- Decimal separator to save file - delimiter for the fractional part, used when storing to the file. Depends on the settings of your system.