Altitude is an indicator which displays the distance a Moving Average is from the current price in points. A simple tool, but effective! Altitude can be used for manual trading or built into an Expert Adviser for automated trading.
It is presented as a histogram which you may change the colors for positive and negative results. This indicator also comes with the option to display the Standard Deviation of it's values as a line graph.
- Positive results are when the Moving Average is above the price.
- Negative results are when the Moving Average is below the price.
For automated trading, use the indicator buffer of the double type:
- MA Above Price (always positive) - buffer 0.
- MA Below Price (always negative) - buffer 1.
- Standard Deviation of Indicator (always positive) - buffer 2.
- Please note - Zero is always an Empty Value.
- MAPeriod - Period of the Moving Average (and Std. Dev. line if shown).
- MAMethod - method of averaging:
- MODE_SMA - 0.
- MODE_EMA - 1.
- MODE_SMMA - 2.
- MODE_LWMA - 3.
- PRICE_CLOSE - 0.
- PRICE_OPEN - 1.
- PRICE_HIGH - 2.
- PRICE_LOW - 3.
- PRICE_MEDIAN - 4.
- PRICE_TYPICAL - 5.
- PRICE_WEIGHTED - 6.
Altitude was created by Hilton Global LLC.