PZ Lopez Speed
This oscillator calculates different price/time vectors to plot the aggregate market direction, which is the sum of all price/time vectors evaluated and two moving averages, in order to detect if the market is accelerating or decelerating.
- Easy to use and understand
- Acts as a top-quality filter for trades
- It has a unique speed detection algorithm
- It is non-repainting and non-backpainting
- It implements alerts of all kinds
It can be used as a top-quality filter for trend trades. The basic usage is the following:
- if the blue moving average is over the dotted moving average, longs can be taken.
- If the blue moving average is below the dotted moving average, shorts can be taken.
- Period - amount of bars to look back and calculate vectors
- Signal - period for slow moving average of the indicator
- Trade - period for fast moving average of the indicator
- Custom Alert Name - custom string for raised alerts
- Display Pop Up Alerts - self-explanatory parameter
- Send Push Alerts - self-explanatorary parameter
- Raise Sound Alerts - self-explanatory parameter
- Soundfile to play - file name of the sound file to play when an alert happens
Arturo Lopez Perez, private investor and speculator, software engineer and founder of Point Zero Trading Solutions.