Dtrail Grow is an auxiliary software solution for trading, which frees you from part of routine activities in trading.
The program is designed for automatic placement of dynamic stop-protection for a large number of open trades, and for moving these levels as the market moves in the favorable direction.
Using customization, it is possible to set different behavior style of the trailing stops in unprofitable and profitable areas of the open orders.
The program provides two operation methods:
- Dual-mode trailing stop, which works by range + step. It allows to set two trailing ranges: for the situation when the stop level is located in the negative area and when the stop level is located in the positive area of the open order.
- Dual-mode trailing stop, which works by bars. It searches for the highest High or lowest Low depending on the order type, places the stop level on the edge of the bar. Just as in the first case, it is possible to customize the operation in two modes: for the search the bar range is set for the negative and positive areas.
- trail_by_range - at the value 'true' the trailing stop is activated in the trailing range mode, the size of which is set by the user in points.
- stop_range_before - the range in points for the negative area of stop level movement.
- step_before - the step in points, which determines the frequency of the stop level movement in the negative area.
- stop_range_after - the range in points for the positive area of stop level movement.
- step_after - the step in points, which determines the frequency of the stop level movement in the positive area.
- trail_by_bar - at the value 'true' the trailing stop is activated in the mode of searching for the lowest/highest bar on the specified range of the time series.
- depth_before - depth for searching in the negative area.
- depth_after - depth for searching in the positive area.
- test_deal_buy_for_demonstration - 'false' by default, if set to 'true' the function performs the OP_BUY trade with the lot size of 0.01
- test_deal_sell_for_demonstration - false' by default, if set to 'true' the function performs the OP_SELL trade with the lot size of 0.01
Attention! The last two points serve as the means to demonstrate the EA operation in the strategy tester
The minimum value for stop_range_before and stop_range_after = 5, however, consider the particularities of certain trading instruments with large spreads. In case the error 136 (price too close) occurs the program will perform a technical pause, to avoid sending a large number of trading orders to the server. In this case it is reasonable to change the size of stop_range_before or stop_range_after.
The minimum value for step_before and step_after = 1
In the trail_by_bar operation mode, the recommended timeframe is H1 or higher.
The program works with the quote types x.xxxx xxx.xx (Old points) and x.xxxxx xxx.xxx (New points)
All the settings are based on the old points, for five-digit quotes the values are automatically multiplied by 10. For example
for a quote 1.13875 the value of stop_range_after = 15 will be equal to 0.00150
If the state of the trail_by_range and trail_by_bar is 'true', then the program will work in the trail_by_range mode
If the state of the trail_by_range and trail_by_bar is 'false', then the program will not take any action.
When the program works in the trail_by_bar = true mode, a situation is possible, when the highest or lowest bar is the current one,
then its low\high is too close to the current price, the broker will not allow to modify the order,
in this case the program performs the minimum safe offset, usually at a double spread from the Bid price.