Copy DLL

A`m i correct in assuming that a DLL File get`s copied to the "Scripts Folder" if not then what folder do i copy it into?

As to me so I have dll files in library folder (for example - libSSA.dll and Fourier extrapolation.dll) but it depends on the tools using using with dll.
You should ask the coder (who coded you something with dll) about where to place it too for example.

Sergey Golubev:
As to me so I have dll files in library folder (for example - libSSA.dll and Fourier extrapolation.dll) but it depends on the tools using using with dll.
You should ask the coder (who coded you something with dll) about where to place it too for example.

I placed in the Library folder. On my xp box i am not getting the error but i am getting the error on my win 7 box.

It`s odd that my win xp box can use ex4. files but my win 7 box cannot, nobody seems able to explain it, im using build 7601 mt4 build 1010, both use build 1010 though.

I am using Windows XP at home and Asus tablet at Windows 8.1 when travelling, and not a problem at all.

By the way, I am not a coder ...

Sergey Golubev:

I am using Windows XP at home and Asus tablet at Windows 8.1 when travelling, and not a problem at all.

By the way, I am not a coder ...

Neither am i, but i wish i was, it would solve allot of problems that way...Looks like ill be trying win 8.1 very shortly...What build + sp, win 8.1?

...\MQL5\Libraries // Dynamic Link Library 
fx9 fx9:

I placed in the Library folder. On my xp box i am not getting the error but i am getting the error on my win 7 box.

It`s odd that my win xp box can use ex4. files but my win 7 box cannot, nobody seems able to explain it, im using build 7601 mt4 build 1010, both use build 1010 though.

Please report the error code.

Marco vd Heijden:
Please report the error code.

"Error Code" Cannot Load xxx .dll ( 126 )...It`s all i can tell you...As i said it is ok with my win xp box as it can use ex4 files, but my win 7 box cannot use them, only mql4 files.

This is a OS issue, not a Coding issue, otherwise it would not work at all.

fx9 fx9:

"Error Code" Cannot Load xxx .dll ( 126 )...It`s all i can tell you...As i said it is ok with my win xp box as it can use ex4 files, but my win 7 box cannot use them, only mql4 files.

This is a OS issue, not a Coding issue, otherwise it would not work at all.

I highly, highly doubt this is an OS issue.

Otherwise the forum would be full of people with the same error clearly this is not the case.

In fact more people report not having any problems with win7 and you are the first i see with such problem.

It immediately makes me think the path to that dll is incorrect or that you did not register it properly.

Or that it tries to load additional dll's that are not currently present, xxx.dll does not reveal much.

So that you have made some mistake, not the OS.

Are you sure the path of transferred dll leads to the roaming folder and not the standard folder?

Especially since you show in your initial post that you did not know where exactly to put it.

Marco vd Heijden:

I highly, highly doubt this is an OS issue.

Otherwise the forum would be full of people with the same error clearly this is not the case.

In fact more people report not having any problems with win7 and you are the first i see with such problem.

It immediately makes me think the path to that dll is incorrect or that you did not register it properly.

Or that it tries to load additional dll's that are not currently present, xxx.dll does not reveal much.

So that you have made some mistake, not the OS.

Are you sure the path of transferred dll leads to the roaming folder and not the standard folder?

Especially since you show in your initial post that you did not know where exactly to put it.

It`s a 3rd. party ea. I reinstalled everything but take my word for it, it is something with the win 7 os, i have had this problem many times before, win 7 not being able to use ex4 files.

fx9 fx9:
It`s a 3rd. party ea. I reinstalled everything but take my word for it, it is something with the win 7 os, i have had this problem many times before, win 7 not being able to use ex4 files.
I don't think so but did you try to execute the terminal in windows XP compatibility mode ?

Marco vd Heijden:
I don't think so but did you try to execute the terminal in windows XP compatibility mode ?
Yes,Same Result...No other explaination except problem with os, as it works with win xp but not with win 7...This has been true for all ex4 files.
Reason: