Machine Learning

Hi,

I'm a newbie both to machine learning and Metatrader, and I have some questions for experienced members here in both fields.

1. Is Metatrader a sufficient platform for applying every type of machine learning algorithms?

2. Which other platforms are generally used among professionals in this field?

2. Which language should I choose, Matlab or R, or both?

3. Is there any good and comprehensive book about the machine learning applications in financial trading?

Thanks a lot.

Gok.han:

Hi,

I'm a newbie both to machine learning and Metatrader, and I have some questions for experienced members here in both fields.

1. Is Metatrader a sufficient platform for applying every type of machine learning algorithms?

3. Is there any good and comprehensive book about the machine learning applications in financial trading?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Gok,

I can't speak for professionals, but I have been looking into what Amazon offers:

https://aws.amazon.com/machine-learning/

The tools look fantastic for training  machines (although a little generic), but you could start on the free tier.  The big question is where to get great data, and where to get great "training data".  Although I have not yet implemented any of the AWS API's from MT, I'm certain it can be done relatively easily.

-David 

Amazon Machine Learning - Predictive Analytics with AWS
Amazon Machine Learning - Predictive Analytics with AWS
  • aws.amazon.com
Amazon Machine learning helps developers create predictive models to build smart applications. Start generating predictions for your applications today.

David Williams:

Hi Gok,

I can't speak for professionals, but I have been looking into what Amazon offers:

https://aws.amazon.com/machine-learning/

The tools look fantastic for training  machines (although a little generic), but you could start on the free tier.  The big question is where to get great data, and where to get great "training data".  Although I have not yet implemented any of the AWS API's from MT, I'm certain it can be done relatively easily.

-David 

Hi David,

Yes, it looks like a great -ready to eat- tool.

But, I'm planning directly to work in the kitchen, so I need advises for starting with the best tools, resources, books, etc.

Thanks a lot for your interest.

If you want to learn about machine learning, try RapidMiner. It's an easy to use Drag and Drop Environment with hundreds of algorithms for various kinds of tasks.

You will find many tutorial videos on YouTube.

Gok.han:

Hi,

Thanks a lot.

Metatrader for any algorithm.
In MT5 a unique strategy tester which has no analogues in the competition.
MQL programming language/
Machine learning neural network must be used.
Reason: