Download MetaTrader 5

Afraid to Post a Great Product To Market

To add comments, please log in or register
Olumide Samson
Olumide Samson  

I was about to post a great product to the Market, but before i do so, i think it looks cool to read the full  rules and regulations of the market before doing that...

The, i was reading through the MQL5 Market Developer Distribution Agreement Sub-Section 6,  then i found out my 7 month written code can be viewed by the moderators and metaquotes staffers. Scared to death...

1. Installs and Reinstalls. Upon the purchase and installation of a Market Product, a special version of the Product program file is created for the User who purchased the Product which allows the use of the Product only on the equipment (computer configuration and operating system) from which such purchase (download) originated. Users shall be allowed to reinstall applications distributed via Market on other devices. However, if You remove Products from Market pursuant to subclauses 1, 2 or 3 of clause VI.1, such Products shall be removed from all sections of Market and Users shall no longer have a right or ability to reinstall the affected Products.

How can a Special version of my Product Program be created when not done by me? 

Surprised until confirmed here Rules Of Using the Market Service Sub-Section 7, showing me that another compiler is available and waiting for my code to be recompiled for some demo and other uses which i don't know...

7. Indicators and Expert Advisors offered through the Market service are specially compiled for the purpose of creating their demo versions, which allows potential Buyers to get an idea about the Product. Demo versions of Product have the following limitations:

1. A demo version of an Expert Advisor cannot be run on an online chart of the client terminal. Its trading part can be tested only in the Strategy Tester that is built into the client terminal;
  2. A demo version of an indicator cannot be run and seen on an online chart. Its behavior can only be seen in the Visual testing mode in the Strategy Tester.

Should there be another compiler which the Mods or Administrators have access to?

Is that safe for my Product? I think using this myself looks safe than put it out for someone's use which isn't approved....

Just Passing by.... 

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
You should talk to Metaquotes. No one but them could answer you.
Stuart Browne
Stuart Browne  
Maybe it's just me, but I'm really not sure what your problem is? 

Your issue one, that your code can be viewed by mods. Forum mods can not see these things, but of course it can be viewed by admins and code mods. How else do you think that MQ can verify the code is not malicious??? It's exactly the same thing that Apple and Google do for Apps.

Your issue two, if you don't want to release a demo version, no one is forcing you to. It is an added benefit to you as a coder/seller if you want users to demo your product. It is compiled so that it can only be run in the strategy tester. If you don't want that feature, then don't ask for it.
Olumide Samson
Olumide Samson  
Stuart Browne:

Your issue one, that your code can be viewed by mods (forum mods can not see these things), but of course it can be viewed by admins and code mods. How else do you think that MQ can verify the code is not malicious??? It's exactly the same thing that Apple and Google do for Apps.

Your issue two, if you don't want to release a demo version, no one is forcing you to. It is an added benefit to you as a coder/seller if you want users to demo your product. It is compiled so that it can only be run in the strategy tester. If you don't want that feature, then don't ask for it.
I ain't talking about forum mods, i don't look daft...
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
Stuart Browne:

Your issue one, that your code can be viewed by mods (no), but of course it can be viewed by admins. How else do you think that MQ can verify the code is not malicious??? It's exactly the same thing that Apple and Google do for Apps.

I am not sure Stuart...Metaquotes isn't suppose to have the source code, when you publish a product you have to provide an ex4/ex5, not the source. So the question is valid.

Apart that, an ex4/ex5 can't be "malicious" in the "virus" sense, but maybe you mean something else ?

Olumide Samson
Olumide Samson  
All i'm saying is, it looks surprising someone can have access to my code and maybe a clone of my hard work.....
Stuart Browne
Stuart Browne  
Olumide Samson:
I ain't talking about forum mods, i don't look daft...
Well maybe not daft, but certainly an attitude problem......
Stuart Browne
Stuart Browne  
Alain Verleyen:

I am not sure Stuart...Metaquotes isn't suppose to have the source code, when you publish a product you have to provide an ex4/ex5, not the source. So the question is valid.

Apart that, a ex4/ex5 can't be "malicious" in the "virus" sense, but maybe you mean something else ?

Well they must have the source code, or are able to decompile, if they can add restrictions to it...?

And they certainly can be malicious if importing DLLs, which is not supposed to be allowed, so assume they only use a dependency walker if they don't have the code?
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
Stuart Browne:
Well they must have the source code, or are able to decompile, if they can add restrictions to it...?
That's the question...as the sellers don't provide source code. But I am afraid we will never have a clear answer.
Olumide Samson
Olumide Samson  
Stuart Browne:

I thought the restriction thing should be MT4 thing checking some sort of server for validity in txt/csv format?

Not, my code on someone's  hard drive Just a Ctrl + A, Ctrl+ C and another Ctrl+V somewhere else....

My 7 Months? 

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
Stuart Browne:

And they certainly can be malicious if importing DLLs, which is not supposed to be allowed, so assume they only use a dependency walker if they don't have the code?

I don't get your point about DLL, of course with DLL an ex4/ex5 could be malicious...

But DLL are not allowed on Market so the DLL usage is just disabled for Market's products, nothing to check for them (and that's why they don't allow DLL, to avoid a lot of work checking products).

To add comments, please log in or register