Download MetaTrader 5

logarithmic scale

To add comments, please log in or register
JoaoLucas21
JoaoLucas21  
How can I change the arithmetic scale in Metatrader5? I need to use logarithmic scale! Thanks!!
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
JoaoLucas21:
How can I change the arithmetic scale in Metatrader5? I need to use logarithmic scale! Thanks!!

Not possible with standard features.

You need a custom indicator to do that.

JoaoLucas21
JoaoLucas21  
Alain Verleyen:

Not possible with standard features.

You need a custom indicator to do that.

How can I do a custom indicator for the logarithmic? I have no idea how to do it! And the link says nothing about logarithmic, says just about custom indicator. Thank you so much!
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
JoaoLucas21:
How can I do a custom indicator for the logarithmic? I have no idea how to do it! And the link says nothing about logarithmic, says just about custom indicator. Thank you so much!
You should learn (a lot of resources on this site), or ask someone to code it for you.
Carl Schreiber
Carl Schreiber  
JoaoLucas21:

You have to create your own (offline) chart - like a Renko-Chart. I'd suggest you to start from there.

Irwan Adnan
Irwan Adnan  
JoaoLucas21:
Why do you need a logarithmic scale? Another experiment?
Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
calli:

You have to create your own (offline) chart - like a Renko-Chart. I'd suggest you to start from there.

The question was about MT5, you can't create offline chart.
JoaoLucas21
JoaoLucas21  
Irwan Adnan:
Why do you need a logarithmic scale? Another experiment?
Is the correct Scale! I don't have a very good english, but I will try to explain. The arithmetic scale represents the same difference between 1 and 2, and 10 to 11. But, in the first case you have 100% and the second just 10%. It may not be represent like the same distance. It is just incorrect. 
Stuart Browne
Stuart Browne  
Are you sure you're talking about a log scale? Sounds more like a normalized scale...? Either way, you can't get it on the main chart, only in an indicator subwindow where you can programmatically change the scale of whatever it is you are plotting
JoaoLucas21
JoaoLucas21  
Stuart Browne:
Are you sure you're talking about a log scale? Sounds more like a normalized scale...? Either way, you can't get it on the main chart, only in an indicator subwindow where you can programmatically change the scale of whatever it is you are plotting
yes i am sure about it. It is log scale. i will seach an indicator and try to do it! Thanks!
sunshineh
sunshineh  
Have you found one? I am looking for the same...
To add comments, please log in or register