MetaTrader 4 Platform Update Build 890: Bug Fixing

MetaTrader 4 platform update is to be released on Friday, September 25, 2015. It contains the following changes:

MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 890

1. Signals: Navigation on the Signal tab has been fixed.
  2. Tester: The unnecessary call of the OnCalculate handler after the completion of indicator testing has been removed.
  3. MQL4: In custom indicators, we have removed the ban to move a graphical object using the ObjectMove function in the CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CHANGE handler.
  4. MQL4: Fixed class compilation in cases where all the constructor parameters have a default value and the constructor is implemented separately from the class. Example:
    class CFoo
      {
    public:
                   CFoo(int x=0);
      };

CFoo::CFoo(int x)
      {
      }

5. MetaEditor: Fixed display of a number of dialogs after DPI change in Windows 10.
  6. Fixed errors reported in crash logs.

The update will be available through the LiveUpdate system.

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:

MetaTrader 4 platform update is to be released on Friday, September 25, 2015. It contains the following changes:

MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 890

1. Signals: Navigation on the Signal tab has been fixed.
  2. Tester: The unnecessary call of the OnCalculate handler after the completion of indicator testing has been removed.
  3. MQL4: In custom indicators, we have removed the ban to move a graphical object using the ObjectMove function in the CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CHANGE handler.
  4. MQL4: Fixed class compilation in cases where all the constructor parameters have a default value and the constructor is implemented separately from the class. Example:
  5. MetaEditor: Fixed display of a number of dialogs after DPI change in Windows 10.
  6. Fixed errors reported in crash logs.

The update will be available through the LiveUpdate system.

Hello.

Why, after the upgrade is not possible to test experts in the offline mode (not connected online), and gives an error 131 (wrong lots)?

But after connection to Net then it worked correctly.

(Example: 2015.09.29 05:31:10.072    2015.08.03 18:39  Price Action EA.ex4 EURUSD,M15: OrderSend error 131).

Thanks for the update!

Shukurjon Beknazarov:

Hello.

Why, after the upgrade is not possible to test experts in the offline mode (not connected online), and gives an error 131 (wrong lots)?

But after connection to Net then it worked correctly.

(Example: 2015.09.29 05:31:10.072    2015.08.03 18:39  Price Action EA.ex4 EURUSD,M15: OrderSend error 131).

Thanks for the update!

Yes I would like to report the same bug.

I use the command line to start the MT4 terminal with startup configuration to test my EAs. I get the same error 131 after the upgrade. It was working fine before the upgrade.

I also confirmed that it has got to do with the startup configuration mode of running strategy tester. After getting the error 131, I manually stop the test and manually run the test again from the same window without closing the MT4 client terminal. Everything works fine again. Therefore, I confirm that there's nothing wrong with my EA. My EA works fine on demo forwarding testing. There's only a problem during strategy testing using startup configuration. I managed to connect to the demo server since I could see the connection at the bottom right of the MT4 client  terminal.

Any advise pls? Thanks. 

teo_simon:

Yes I would like to report the same bug.

I use the command line to start the MT4 terminal with startup configuration to test my EAs. I get the same error 131 after the upgrade. It was working fine before the upgrade.

I also confirmed that it has got to do with the startup configuration mode of running strategy tester. After getting the error 131, I manually stop the test and manually run the test again from the same window without closing the MT4 client terminal. Everything works fine again. Therefore, I confirm that there's nothing wrong with my EA. My EA works fine on demo forwarding testing. There's only a problem during strategy testing using startup configuration. I managed to connect to the demo server since I could see the connection at the bottom right of the MT4 client  terminal.

Any advise pls? Thanks. 

I got also the same error 131 ("wrong lot size") in strategy tester. With the old build it worked fine and now the strategy tester does'nt work. When I manually stop the test und run it again I get the error again. (my MT4 is only for backtesting and not connected with a broker login)

Hi,

I have a big issue on the new release. The strategy Tester is not working anymore.

Thanks for your help 

I could not open Market section in MT4  after new version uptaded.

market section can open build 840 but not open build 890.

Has Somebody same problem?

How can I fix it?

I confirm the issue with ordersend function in strategy tester with this build of 890 , my EA code was working fine on build 840.

GBPUSD,M5: 870-Lot Size Set to :0.01 | stoploss:3000 | Pips:0.0001

GBPUSD,M5: OrderSend error 131

GBPUSD,M5: 892-Encountered an error during order placement!131 invalid trade volume

please inform me if you found a fix for this issue . thanks in advanced. 

I also like to confirm that I have the same issue since build 890. Before that, strategy tester worked fine with build 840 in offline mode.  

Since build 890, offline mode doesn't work to test and we get this error  report:

Could not open new position. Error=131 invalid trade volume.  OrderSend error 131

This error is produced for all EA's and any lot size variables in build 890 offline mode.

Many thanks for looking into the matter.

fnag:

I also like to confirm that I have the same issue since build 890. Before that, strategy tester worked fine with build 840 in offline mode.  

Since build 890, offline mode doesn't work to test and we get this error  report:

Could not open new position. Error=131 invalid trade volume.  OrderSend error 131

This error is produced for all EA's and any lot size variables in build 890 offline mode.

Many thanks for looking into the matter.

You need to connect at least once to a broker.

It's necessary to update the market environment in the new format. Changing versions simply invalidates the old caches (not in each build).

Alain Verleyen:

You need to connect at least once to a broker.

It's necessary to update the market environment in the new format. Changing versions simply invalidates the old caches (not in each build).

When I connect to a broker it is fixed. but then I copy this "updated history" files to a temp history directory, to create a offline renko chart history on 5 minute. and then try to backtest my ea on renko chart which is copied to 5 minute history. 

but then again this error returns. I fear that all the renko charts facing problem with this latest update :( I must wait till monday and market opening to test what happens to renko forward testing trades. 

Encountered an error during order placement!131 invalid trade volume 

The indicator list in the navigator window is acting up again. I have purchased .ex4 files that don't show and it seems that if you have too many then some don't show and if you have too many then the list gets truncated. I thought this was fixed after the previous errors. I've even created folders but for some unknown reason this doesn't help other than shortening the list. 

ive right click refreshed, restarted, compiled an .mq4, forced the .dat file recreation.......

I've created a new instance of build 890.....

Nothing seems to help  

Reason: