Download MetaTrader 5

My new EA called "RFFEurUsd002" make a profit of 4825$ with deposit of 200$ in one year backtesting !!!!

To add comments, please log in or register
Didier Vally
Didier Vally  

Hello

I have coded a MQL5 EA that makes a profit of 4825$ in one year backtesting with initial account deposit (virtual) of 200$ !!!

The maximum absolute drawdown is 67,80$.

On one month backtesting if makes a profit of more than 900$ with the same deposit of 200$.

Do you think this may work on real account ?

Thanks

Tan Phan Ngoc
Tan Phan Ngoc  
trader77330:

Hello

I have coded a MQL5 EA that makes a profit of 4825$ in one year backting with initial account deposit (virtual) of 200$ !!!

The maximum absolute drawdown is 67,80$.

On one month backtesting if makes a profit of more than 900$ with the same deposit of 200$.

Thanks

You should test in 5 years to value the EA
Didier Vally
Didier Vally  
Tan Phan Ngoc:
You should test in 5 years to value the EA
I'm doing it now :) :) will share the result in some minutes :)
Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden  
trader77330:

Thanks

No.

A back test doesn't mean anything i have robots that make over $ 10,000,000,000 with only $ 500 deposit on back test.

It's best to run a real test.

Didier Vally
Didier Vally  
Marco vd Heijden:

No.

A back test doesn't mean anything i have robots that make over $ 10,000,000,000 with only $ 500 deposit on back test.

It's best to run a real test.

What are the differences I could encounter when running a live test ?

Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden  

real tick data in stead of fake generated tick algorithm, loss of connection, differences in spreads, commissions, swaps, personal loading and configuration mistakes, margin calls, re-quotes, off-quotes, slippage, system crash, stoploss hunters, d-day's, and finally, the burn out of your account.

it does not even come close to being comparable.

a better question would be, what are the similarities  you can encounter?  

that would be somewhat simpler to answer, not much if any.

And that is why these tests are useless other then to verify that to logic works correctly, you don't want it to open 100 orders a second due to some bug that's what it's handy for.

Don't be fooled by huge profits, just run a live test for some time with lowest risks possible and you will see what i mean.

Didier Vally
Didier Vally  
Marco vd Heijden:

real tick data in stead of fake generated tick algorithm, loss of connection, differences in spreads, commissions, swaps, personal loading and configuration mistakes, margin calls, re-quotes, off-quotes, slippage, system crash, stoploss hunters, d-day's, and finally, the burn out of your account.

it does not even come close to being comparable.

a better question would be, what are the similarities  you can encounter?  

that would be somewhat simpler to answer, not much if any.

And that is why these tests are useless other then to verify that to logic works correctly, you don't want it to open 100 orders a second due to some bug that's what it's handy for.

Don't be fooled by huge profits, just run a live test for some time with lowest risks possible and you will see what i mean.

ok thank you for your answer... I see now that my code, even if working well on 2 years backtesting, has to be secured. I also plan to go for a VPS, but do not know if any free available.

Didier Vally
Didier Vally  

I tried a 5 year backtest but had some problems, that I do not understand clearly.

So I tried a 2 years backtest and here are the positive results :

Initial deposit = 5000$

Profit = 9526$

Max absolute drawdown = 81$

Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden  

81$ or 81%

This backtester seems to hypnotize people, it does not matter what you say to them, they are in some sort of magical trance, thinking they finally found it.

They will wake up, eventually.

The question is, at what cost..

Didier Vally
Didier Vally  
Marco vd Heijden:

81$ or 81%

This backtester seems to hypnotize people, it does not matter what you say to them, they are in some sort of magical trance, thinking they finally found it.

They will wake up, eventually.

The question is, at what cost..

81$ :)

Didier Vally
Didier Vally  

I understand that backtesting is an illusion... How is it possible for a new guy like me in MQL5 to easily code something that is illusionnally profitable ?

I've just coded a "trend following automatic trader" that :

1. initially buy 0.1

2. then after some ticks count or after loosing more than x$ closes the position and then : if profit it continues to buy, if not then it sells

3. goto 2

That seems to work with highly volatile curve, and this should not work with highly stable curves.

Here a new test with 200$ on a 2 years backtest and that is still ok, the same performance exactly (normal).

To add comments, please log in or register