Download MetaTrader 5

MT4 Terminal won't open

To add comments, please log in or register
Forex Trader
Forex Trader  

Hi, I'm having a problem suddenly with MT4. When I launch the application on this particular computer its opening as a process and I keep getting an hour glass tick at me even though its only running at about 02 % utilization.

Also, a metalang.exe process starts that I can't end unless terminal.exe is closed. Apparently it has an invalid handle thus cannot be ended.

I've just tried re-installing a new version of MT4 over the top of the old version, but the same symptoms persist. As they do after a restart. Is there a way to put this into safe mode or something along those lines?

Thanks

MetaQuotes Software Corp.
MetaQuotes Software Corp.  
Please try to reinstall you client terminal into "My Documents" folder and check all Expert Advisors and custom indicators that you use.
trevorrees
trevorrees  
I had a problem where it would crash before starting up. Reinstalling didnt work nor did resetting the pc. However [in win 10] all you need to do is right click the program and run as administrator and it seems to have bandaided the situation and works fine after that. I found that going into the properties of the shortcut then compadability settings and down the bottom was an option to always run as administrator. havent had another problem yet.
To add comments, please log in or register