MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 92

chief2000:

In the new terminal everything is placed in the MQL folder, it searches for indicators, scripts and Expert Advisors there.
All old ones should remain in their old folders, at least in my case.

It's a dead end(((.

Found this post: https://forum.mql4.com/ru/58760/page3#861421

Unfortunately too late((((.

OK, the other computer saved everything, but not everyone has duplicated terminals and there are several computers.

I can imagine how many people are "in trouble" and will be in trouble again because of negligence.

Colleagues, is it really necessary to modify codes for the new compiler?

And forgive my ignorance, where are the files saved during compilation in the new compiler? I copied indicator code to the meta editor, compiled it, but it doesn't appear in the client terminal....

Night63:

PS Instead of *** you can put ANY foul language and it won't be enough...

Please solve this auto-refresh problem. Don't screw up your colleagues.

Dear, this was written about in the first post of this thread, the solution, if I am not mistaken, Renat pointed out on page 3.

Metaquotes by virtue of what they might have done - terminals don't update in most cases (in most cases because it's a beta test, and that's what it's there for, to solve problems)

If you cared so much about your terminal - you could have read the first 3 pages of this thread.

And most importantly, update and participate in beta testing - a voluntary action, and all complaints addressed to yourself first, no one made you do it.

break, then read the instructions - a distinctive feature of the Slavs.

artmedia70:

He didn't seem to be looking at the log. Updates were downloaded, he closed the beta and opened the working one, so the updates were applied to the working one. I'm guessing. I'm guessing.

Well, yes, that's how it turned out.

I apologize for being overly emotional, but I couldn't help myself.

Was going to sit this twig before experimenting, but the devil dared me to do the opposite...

What magazine did you have to read something in?

ALXIMIKS I agree with you that "you should read the first 3 pages first" and then experiment))

Night63:

It's a dead end(((.
Found this post: https://forum.mql4.com/ru/58760/page3#861421
Unfortunately too late((((.

Actually I implied that these files were deleted by the user immediately after the update, although I have all the old files preserved in the upgraded to beta build as well.

Night63:

Colleagues, is it really necessary to modify the codes for the new compiler?

And forgive my ignorance, where are files saved when compiling in the new one? I transferred indicator code to meta editor, compiled it, but it doesn't appear in the terminal....

No, you don't have to change it much, if you are interested in its operability. But the language is slightly updated, you can write new codes with new features.

Terminal sees the files from MQL4 folder, and MetaEditor copies the file to the location from which the source code was opened. Previously, it was the same from where it was opened and compiled there.

Nothing is lost, especially the mql4 files. Only the standard set of programs is moved to the new /MQL4 folder, and all user files remain in /experts. Also pay attention to the data storage directory.

Renat:
Nothing is lost, especially the mql4 files. Only the standard set of programs is moved to the new /MQL4 folder, and all user files remain in /experts. Also pay attention to the data storage directory.
Will the allocated one remain permanently?

The Bars function still doesn't work in the tester and my products have already been published - people are swearing.

Asked the question several times, no answer - how many optimization options in MT4 tester? In MT5 I optimize 120 parameters in range from -100 to 100 with step 1, in MT4, in the same range, only eight. The MT4 tester, by these features, will be brought up to the level of MT5? Don't know what to advise on tuning in the product descriptions for MT4.

artmedia70:

1. When both are running, they switch, but when only the terminal is running and then I want to run the editor from it, this pops up.

I have everything in order. Started the terminal, pressed F4, started the meta-editor. No errors in the log.
Build 554.

Suggestion to the developers.

As you pointed out on page 3, to avoid spontaneous updating of the work terminals, you should manually delete the folder C:\ProgramData\MetaQuotes\WebInstall

Can think of a mechanism such as:

1. When installing a "test" terminal, write this folder not in ProgramData, but in the temporary files

2. After installing and updating the desired terminal, delete this temporary file automatically.

I think, if something like this were implemented, it would save tons of nerves for new test takers;)

Reason: