MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 25

Caught the moment when the advisor deletes itself plus the terminal hangs

Barbarian:
Why should I create all timeframes if I need H1, for example? Or is it a working condition of MT4?

In this case it is sufficient to convert all TFs to H1 (M5, M15, M30 and H1), because the "All ticks" model uses all available lower timeframes.

Scriptong:

I do this before every serious history test, if we are talking about checking the strategy and not the code. The fact is that up to the 509th build the new history (the one that comes online) in the terminal is accumulated based on nine sources (by the number of timeframes), because of which there may well be discrepancies in the timeframe data.
In MT5 we took another way at once: all TFs are built on the basis of M1. As far as I understand the new MT4 will do the same. As a result we will never see mismatch errors again.
Maybe that would be a good thing, but not at the cost of abandoning custom quotes. We need some kind of synthesis of approaches (MT4*MT5).

MetaDriver:
Maybe that would be a good thing, but not at the cost of giving up custom quotes.
What are custom quotes?

MetaDriver:
Maybe that would be good, but not at the cost of abandoning custom quotes. There needs to be some synthesis of approaches (MT4*MT5).
I hope so too ))

Barbarian:
What is a custom quote?
It means that it is possible to use your own quotes for analysis and testing. In MT4 it is possible. In MT5 it is possible to use different plan of data exchange which is attached to a certain broker (account). There is no possibility to upload third-party (relative to this broker) quotes and compare them with your broker's quotes using program (on mql). The same as there is no possibility to generate your own quotes (with certain statistical properties) and test on such an artificial quotation for an EA. In MT4 it is possible, although not without difficulties.

There are other places where they beta test and get the problems you have.

https://www.forex-tsd.com/general-discussion/120946-big-changes-mt4-few-weeks-34.html#post643534

https://www.forex-tsd.com/metatrader-4/121569-new-metatrader-4-related-questions-issues-solutions-2.html#post643523

1. Sending files to an FTP server organised using Internet Information Services in Windows Server 2003 R2 or Windows Server 2008 R2 does not work. Terminal log records error "FTP: STOR command failed" and file size 0 bytes appears on the server. Other FTP clients (e.g. Total Commander, FAR manager as well as, Android handhelds) work fine with the FTP servers described above. It has not worked for four years now, but it used to.

2. It would be nice to disable (turn off) displaying of the terminal window in the foreground (passing the focus) when a message is received through the internal mail of the terminal. When a MetaTrader 4 window suddenly pops up while working, just because a broker's advertisement came in - it is unpleasant.

3. In the new version in the terminal settings it is desirable to have the ability to specify the path to the folder with Expert Advisors (indicators, scripts) and the path to the folder which is available for Expert Advisors (indicators, scripts). Those who do not care about this will leave the default values. Now, the Expert Advisors will be in one place and the terminals, located in different directories, will have access to them. But searching for your EAs in "C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\8367A09835D4487D9B9566DFBBE213D9\MQL4\" is not very convenient, at least. Sometimes EAs from different terminals need to exchange data via files or have access to a single source data (we had to create symbolic links to directories).

And let's dream a bit. Someday developers will release an editor that will allow compiling programs not only into ex4 and ex5 files, but also into exe files. When launching such an exe file, a window will appear with a price chart, text data or both. Indicator lines are displayed on the price chart and trading is performed in accordance with a specified algorithm. When launching the exe file for the first time, the account number, password and server address are requested. This data is written in the accounts.ini file that will appear next to the executed exe file. All historical price data is located in the %userprofile%\AppData... directory. (you know where). And no more need to run the trading terminal, which has a very rich functionality, and then drag and drop the Expert Advisor on the chart only to receive a beep or a request to open a position (or to display two lines of text - the value of the balance and earned profit) under certain conditions ...

P.S. Grey text on a white background (on the website) - in my opinion, not the best (easy to read) combination.

The terminal has produced the following message when the compiled indicators are running some time after they have been loaded in the main window:

2013.11.07 23:47:20 Bulls EURUSD,M1: loaded successfully

2013.11.07 23:47:20 Cannot load 'stdlib.ex4'

2013.11.07 23:46:57 Bulls GBPUSD,H1: loaded successfully

2013.11.07 23:46:57 Cannot load 'stdlib.ex4'

2013.11.07 23:37:15 Channels GBPUSD,H1: loaded successfully

2013.11.07 23:27:09 Channels EURUSD,H1: loaded successfully

Renat:

That someone has been spitting on Microsoft's requirements for years and working against the rights control system. The accumulated problems of MT4 we are fixing.

At the moment, if you want to mass sell anything actively writing in their directories, you have to think straight about strict UAC and restricted user rights. And don't forget the installation base of millions of computers.

Renat, have re-read a lot of information about the purpose of X:\Users\xxx\AppData\ in general and X:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming. I agree that it is a necessity in terms of creating application-specific user settings in \Roaming, but why move executable files, namely indicators, scripts and EAs to that directory? Because, some EAs will constantly violate the logic of their work because of this, I mean those who use read and write files in their logic.

By the way, following Microsoft's suggestion to use X:\Users\xxx\AppData\ is not supported by anything, most likely, except for single cases. I don't know any trader who lets outsiders (other users) on his PC with terminals, even under his own accounts, UAK is not applicable in this topic at all. This is most likely an exception to the security rules, so this Microsoft trend is not for traders. Hiding your settings and executables in X:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\B5589D10299052C8D921603EBD1F9752\ from anyone is paranoid about security.

Reason: