MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 9

Renat:
Yes, we will fix this error - there will be an update tomorrow.

In 531 version EA on chart works, but terminal closes after running in tester. Looks like the error is still related to Bars (attached sample code).

------------

How many variants can the tester optimize?

Robot - 30 parameters, range -100 to 100, step 1.

In the 530 version the tester wrote "Too many passes for optimization. Please try to decrease optimized parameters amount or to increase parameters' values step."

The 531 doesn't write anything and doesn't optimise.

Files:
bars.mq4  2 kb

The debugger works! That's awesome.

To all those who have failed the wiring order in pictures:

1. Server settings

2. opening a demo account with your broker

So far I have noticed a small bug in the tester, no objects (arrows) appear in the fact of opening buy and sell orders. And also now during the opening of orders the tester slows down.

Renat:

void OnTick()
  {
Comment(Day());
  }

please watch the video .

>

In the Expert Advisor properties in the tester, you cannot assign variables to 0. I.e. you can 1, 1.2, 25.5, 0.0 or 0 - you cannot. etst goes fast enough. Optimization is terribly slow. That said, if you do an enumeration from -1 to 1, the zero value will be calculated.

Question. The terminal is installed on drive D:\MetaTraiderNew. I own this folder and all subfolders and files as administrator; therefore, I have full access rights. Terminal is running as administrator, but terminal and meta-unit are persistently looking for files in C:\Users\Artem\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\6F80400D34D1913001D56CC09EA8DCA\MQL4

How do I make them look for files in the terminal installation folder D:\MetaTraiderNew\Experts \ and D:\MetaTraiderNew\Experts\Indicators\ ???

If you compile this library, the compiler generates errors:

If you put: #property strict at the beginning of the file, the errors disappear.

Is it supposed to be like this?

To force the terminal and editor to work in the local directory, you need to run them with the /portable flag. Thank you all for your comments and feedback. We will be releasing updates every day and will get everything up to date within a month. The amount of changes is so large that it is impossible to make them without bugs. We have purposely started a limited testing in the Russian part of the forum to avoid disturbing others. In a week, we will begin extended testing on a wider public.

JJerboa:

If you compile this library, the compiler generates an error:

If you put: #property strict at the beginning of the file, the error disappears.

Is it supposed to be like this?

Yes. For MQL4, the compiler uses by default a more forgiving control model for the sake of compatibility. The sparing mode is not always suitable. It is always better to use straightforward so that there is a maximum level of control.
Reason: