Economic calendar - page 6

vspexp:
The news calendar is available only on real accounts

Thank you for the information on real accounts, but the link you provided does not seem to provide information on the availability of Calendar tab on MQL5 means account or I do not understand something.

But I am interested in availability of Calendar tab on demo account. If anyone knows why it was possible to use it on MetaQuotes-Demo,

If i know why there is no such possibility now please let me know or give me a link to any other demo server where i can have this tab. Thanks in advance.

bizon70:

Thank you for the information on real accounts, but it seems that the link you provided does not allow to get information on the availability of Calendar tab on MQL5 account, or I don't understand something.

But I am interested in the possibility of getting the Calendar tab in a demo account. If anyone knows why there was such an opportunity to server MetaQuotes-Demo,

If you know why there is no such a tab on MetaQuotes-Demo server, please let me know or give me a link to a demo-server of any other company where I can have this tab. Thanks in advance.

I do not need an answer from "if anyone knows", but from MQ's official representative.

I suspect a calendar redesign is being prepared, but that's just my thoughts.

Damn, I just wrote an Expert Advisor that trades on the news, I was about to run it on a real account, but there is no news(((
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Информация о счете - Документация по MQL5

lazarev-d-m:
I have been working on this for a long time and I am getting ready to start trading on the news, but there is no news((()

If you need the news release time, score it in the file or in the source itself.

If you need the actual data, then MQ has a huge delay in displaying it in the terminal.

If you do not know the difference between the chart and the indicator, then you may use it as a reference.

Vladix:

If you need the timing of news releases, score them in the file or in the source itself.

If you need the actual data, then MQ has a huge delay in displaying it in the terminal.

And in general, the news trade has more rake than colours, so it's better to test the Expert Advisor on a demo and micro account first.

i am going to do that, i rewrote it but now the time is taken from a "table" inside the EA

if(mqldt.year==2012&&mqldt.mon==10&&mqldt.day==11&&mqldt.hour==12&&mqldt.min==30){TrueTime=true;}
if(mqldt.year==2012&&mqldt.mon==10&&mqldt.day==12&&mqldt.hour==12&&mqldt.min==30){TrueTime=true;}
if(mqldt.year==2012&&mqldt.mon==10&&mqldt.day==12&&mqldt.hour==13&&mqldt.min==55){TrueTime=true;}
if(mqldt.year==2012&&mqldt.mon==10&&mqldt.day==15&&mqldt.hour==12&&mqldt.min==30){TrueTime=true;}
if(mqldt.year==2012&&mqldt.mon==10&&mqldt.day==16&&mqldt.hour==12&&mqldt.min==30){TrueTime=true;}

i think it is better to test it in a demo or micro account. i am going to do that, but i have rewritten it now, but the time inside the EA is now taken from the "table".

I have a huge disadvantage - it takes me about 10 minutes to import 1 month of data,

I can't think of a better way, now I need to come up with a good strategy, like the one I'm using in the current championship, but with position support, e.g. a reversal if I enter the wrong side

lazarev-d-m:

I am going to do that, I rewrote it, but now the time is taken from the "table" inside the EA

the biggest advantage is that it can be tested on the history with a large "table"

the great disadvantage is that it takes a very long time to import all these data, it takes me about 10 minutes to import 1 month,

I can't think of a better way, now I need to come up with a good strategy, like the one I'm using in the current championship, but with position support, e.g. a reversal if I enter the wrong side

Where do you get the news from?

This is a very strange thing to do. If you have a static list, store it in an array.

datetime m_news_time[];
int      m_news_count = 0; 

void add_news_time(datetime _news_time)
{
   m_news_count++;
   ArrayResize(m_news_time, m_news_count);
   m_news_time[m_news_count-1] = _news_time;
}

void init_times()
{
   add_news_time(D'2012.10.11 12:30');
   add_news_time(D'2012.10.12 12:30');
   add_news_time(D'2012.10.12 13:55');
   add_news_time(D'2012.10.15 12:30');
   add_news_time(D'2012.10.16 12:30');
}

bool is_trading_time(datetime _current_time)
{
   for (int i=0; i<m_news_count; i++)
      if (_current_time - m_news_time[i] <= DELTA) // DELTA - допустимое количество секунд после новости, у вас судя по коду это 59
         return true;

return false;
}

TrueTime = is_trading_time(TimeCurrent());

With this construction, all you need to do is make a file with event times, and then use some text macro to convert each line to a string likeadd_news_time(D'2012.10.16 12:30');

And then copy into your EA what you get.

Vladix:

Where do you get your news time from?

That's a scary thing to do. If there is some static list, store it in an array.

With this construction, you just have to make a file with times of events, and then convert each line to string likeadd_news_time(D'2012.10.16 12:30') with some text macro;

And then copy and paste into your EA what you get.

Brilliant, I will definitely consider your suggestion tomorrow. Good luck to you at the championship.

Vladix:

Where do you get the news time from?

from broker's calendar, a lot of brokers have one, later i will see which one is the most adequate, because i am going to use only important news (maybe even medium important)

here for example:

http://instaforex.com/ru/forex_calendar.php

I like it because of the handy filters, but there's a small problem when you flip through old news it returns a calendar window (not the home page) to the current month when you click on "week",

I can't seem to solve something with time zones, the calendar has one time zone, but the terminal jumps to another, it seems to fit GMT 0, although in theory it should fit GMT+1

Экономический календарь Форекс
Экономический календарь Форекс
  • www.instaforex.com
Индекс валюты отслеживает общее состояние экономики страны и позволяет уверенно торговать в направлении общей тенденции. Кроме того, прогноз по индексу часто оказывается более определенным и четким, чем по самой валютной паре. Также замечена особенность – в движении любой пары один из составляющих...

lazarev-d-m:

news calendar .....http://instaforex.com/ru/forex_calendar.php

I like it because of the handy filters, ....

I like the news calendar better herehttp://www.fxteam.ru/forex/economic-calendar/?timezone=11
Экономический календарь - Аналитика рынка - Форекс портал FXTEAM.RU
Экономический календарь - Аналитика рынка - Форекс портал FXTEAM.RU
  • www.fxteam.ru
Каждый день по наиболее значимым для международного валютного рынка странам публикуется масса макроэкономической статистики, а также происходят значимые выступления официальных лиц. Трейдерам рынка Forex (Форекс) не только необходимо быть в курсе этих событий, но и иметь эту информацию в удобном виде. Именно с этой целью и был разработан раздел...

vspexp:
I like the news calendar better herehttp://www.fxteam.ru/forex/economic-calendar/?timezone=11
horror, and there's a timezone discrepancy, if you compare the two calendars, 1 has the news out an hour earlier...when the time zones are the same in the settings

lazarev-d-m:
horror, and there's a discrepancy with the time zones, if you compare the two calendars, 1 has news an hour earlier...when the time zones are the same in the settings

You've probably included DST somewhere and somewhere you haven't.

vspexp:

Yeah, well, it's not a bad calendar, although there are better ones.

Reason: