100USD to 33 Billion USD in 1 year - Backtest of 2011 - page 6

To add comments, please log in or register
JD4
JD4  
Marco vd Heijden:

And you are wrong, on many things actually.

Maybe it's a good idea to stop listening to and believing + retyping what other people say, and,

FIND OUT YOUR SELF....

because a cascade effect exists between the quotes you see passing by all the time, but if you only knew, they do not belong to the winners.

I have no problem admitting I am wrong, but how is that quoted line I posted wrong in this case?  I didn't say all the time, or this was 100%, I said highly unlikely.  Is it possible?  Yes.  Likely?  No.  Even day traders, successful ones I have talked to anyway, adjust their trades depending on what the market is doing.  And this was before I even started in on this site.  Happened to be doing a Dish satellite installation at a trading house, and talked to some of the people working there.  And in case you are talking about a self-adjusting EA, that still counts as tweaking.
Francis Dogbe
Francis Dogbe  
JD4:
I have no problem admitting I am wrong, but how is that quoted line I posted wrong in this case?  I didn't say all the time, or this was 100%, I said highly unlikely.  Is it possible?  Yes.  Likely?  No.  Even day traders, successful ones I have talked to anyway, adjust their trades depending on what the market is doing.  And this was before I even started in on this site.  Happened to be doing a Dish satellite installation at a trading house, and talked to some of the people working there.  And in case you are talking about a self-adjusting EA, that still counts as tweaking.
Total agree with you.. :)
Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden  
JD4:

I can be specific i am not talking about self adjusting EA's, but they do calculate lot size, if you consider that as tweaking, i consider that a necessity, for account balance will vary along the way.

Ea's that need to be tweaked are like a knife, that needs to be sharped every now and then.

EA's that do not need sharpening, have apparently a sharp cutting edge coded into their mechanism and they know when and how to hit what markets the only condition is, that market has to be moving.

These can not be tweaked for their performance would only go down doing so.

To put this in reflect to your words, it is very much so like tuning your radio or television to a specific frequency, how often do you go back to that trading customer, to adjust the frequencies of the receiver?

I am not talking about re positioning the dish because of weather conditions, i am talking about changing the actual channel frequency's how many times do they need to be adjusted over time?

I guess you could say if the satellite company changes the programming but hey that is something else, then you are talking about switching the channel feeds and not about the tuning mechanism itself.

The difference lies between you accepting the satellite dish customer's words, and spreading them, versus finding the correct tuning mechanism and frequency's your self.

It is of utmost importance, you draw your conclusions upon what you find, not on what you hear or read.

Francis Dogbe
Francis Dogbe  
Marco vd Heijden:

I can be specific i am not talking about self adjusting EA's, but they do calculate lot size, if you consider that as tweaking, i consider that a necessity, for account balance will vary along the way.

Ea's that need to be tweaked are like a knife, that needs to be sharped every now and then.

EA's that do not need sharpening, have apparently a sharp cutting edge coded into their mechanism and they know when and how to hit what markets the only condition is, that market has to be moving.

These can not be tweaked for their performance would only go down doing so.

To put this in reflect to your words, it is very much so like tuning your radio or television to a specific frequency, how often do you go back to that trading customer, to adjust the frequencies of the receiver?

I am not talking about re positioning the dish because of weather conditions, i am talking about changing the actual channel frequency's how many times do they need to be adjusted over time?

I guess you could say if the satellite company changes the programming but hey that is something else, then you are talking about switching the channel feeds and not about the tuning mechanism itself.

The difference lies between you accepting the satellite dish customer's words, and spreading them, versus finding the correct tuning mechanism and frequency's your self.

It is of utmost importance, you draw your conclusions upon what you find, not on what you hear or read.

Will you agree with me that all pairs moves differently and needs tweaking by any EA to best tailor the way it should respond to pairs movement?
Marco vd Heijden
Marco vd Heijden  
Francis Dogbe:
Will you agree with me that all pairs moves differently and needs tweaking by any EA to best tailor the way it should respond to pairs movement?

These are exact numbers that are loaded upon pair detection, once it comes across a specific pair, it will load that pair's specific edge these are exact numbers nothing to tweak.

How it responds to pairs movement is neglect-able it just has to move, and the faster and higher or lower it moves, the more product you will gain.

If you call loading pair related settings tweaking then we are not on the same line here, i call tweaking changing these pair related settings themselves and this is not the case for it is the law of large numbers and it's outcome is always the closest you can get to the exact numbers, you see you can put in more data, but these numbers stay the same you will only get a sharper spike, a higher resolution but the image stays the same. 

I have one separate robot to find these numbers it does not trade it only spits out exact numbers, always the same numbers, these are the numbers you put into your currency pair pre loader.

You load your robot like loading a gun, aim it at your target, you know it is going to happen, just wait for it, you wait until all the damage has been done, your gun will fire last, all other guns will be out of ammo, and only then you walk in, and you pick up as many debris as you can grab....

Also you only hunt in turbulent fields, like i said it has to move, if it isn't moving enough, no damage will be done, your gun won't fire.

Not sure if that made any sense but that's the way how i tend to look at it.

JD4
JD4  
Marco, "what you find" includes what you "hear or read".  Unless you are the person who created something or have been working at it for an almost ungodly number of years, then there is a good chance that there are people out there who know more than you do on a particular subject, and can be as reasonable source of that "what you find" concept you are saying.  I do not disagree that finding information is helpful, just happen to disagree on some basic ideas on how to go about it, I guess.
Oscar Ortiz
Oscar Ortiz  

Wow OP is so positive that it causes fuzz on the forum.
Back to the original point of the topic, my 50cents are if you have an EA but you don't know why it isn't working there is no point in keep running it.
Even further if you ask for help you gotta share your code at least a portion of it for the community to be able to help you (I didn't see any attachment did I miss it?).

cya 

daibeer
daibeer  

Hi Trevone,

Firstly, may I congratulate you on your work.  I am currently testing milestone 20.5 in Demo mode with the set file.  I tried 22.5 but the results were not as good as the 20.5 because I have no set file for it.  I have found this new thread for your Kronus EA.  Is it possible to Beta test you new EA ?  I am at home because I am disabled so I would put plenty of time into this.  Thanks

Dave

Arvind Shah
Arvind Shah  

Hello to All

I am totaly new for this Forex market. I have downloded two Ea from MT5 and compile it. There is no Error. But On Stategy tester it's not work and got Error in OnInit function and  not placing any trade if any one is well known to EA Code Why this EA not working and what is the problem. I am herewith attaching EA. Please help me to improve my knowledge and reply me on my mail Id alshah55@yahoo.co.in. Thank's 

Files:

There is a problem with the EA that in real account some trades do not have stop lost and can harm the account.

I will be glad to get the mq4 to fix it.

To add comments, please log in or register