How to get indicator values, if it does not have BufferArray ?

Dear Members

I have come across an indicator which does not have buffer array(s). It has only calculated variables.

How can I fetch these values into EA, as iCustom requires buffer number of indicator to copy data ?

Thanks in advance.

You don't; there are no buffers, there are no values to get.

William Roeder:
You don't; there are no buffers, there are no values to get.

Thanks William.

Is it possible for me to add buffer (DATA_CALCULATION) and use it in iCustom ?

On the other hand I was expecting a solution or workaround, rather than a blank reply, "You don't" ...

We are learning through errors, and clarifications from forum members. 

Anil Varma -Is it possible for me to add buffer (DATA_CALCULATION) and use it in iCustom ? On the other hand I was expecting a solution or workaround, rather than a blank reply, "You don't" ... We are learning through errors, and clarifications from forum members. 

Yes, if you have the source code, then obviously you can modify the Indicator's code to save the calculation results to a buffer so that it will be accessible via "iCustom()".

However, whether you yourself can do it easily or not, depends on the complexity of the Indicator's calculations and your knowledge and experience at being able to modify the code to achieve that goal.

Anil Varma -: On the other hand I was expecting a solution or workaround, rather than a blank reply, "You don't" ...

You didn't specify that you have the code. If all you have is the ".EX5" there is nothing that can be done.
     How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. 2004
          Be precise and informative about your problem

If it is an indicator then it must show any value or drawings. So if your indicator has no buffer then you can get value from indicator Text or Drawn Objects. 

Mahadi Hasan Razu:
If it is an indicator then it must show any value or drawings. So if your indicator has no buffer then you can get value from indicator Text or Drawn Objects. 

Thanks Hasan

this sounds interesting. Yeh it draws the Horizonal Pivot lines. Guide me how can I get value from it ?

Draw_PivotLine("R5 LBTarget",R5,clrGreen,1,STYLE_SOLID);
    Draw_PivotLine("R4 LBreakOut",R4,clrGreen,1,STYLE_SOLID);
    Draw_PivotLine("R3 Short",R3,clrRed,1,STYLE_SOLID);
    Draw_PivotLine("R2 Resistance",R2,clrRed,1,STYLE_DOT);
    Draw_PivotLine("R1 Resistance",R1,clrRed,1,STYLE_DOT);
    Draw_PivotLine("Pivot",PivotGun,clrYellow,1,STYLE_SOLID);
    Draw_PivotLine("S1 Support",S1,clrGreen,1,STYLE_DOT);
    Draw_PivotLine("S2 Support",S2,clrGreen,1,STYLE_DOT);
    Draw_PivotLine("S3 Long",S3,clrGreen,1,STYLE_SOLID);
    Draw_PivotLine("S4 SBreakOut",S4,clrRed,1,STYLE_SOLID);
    Draw_PivotLine("S5 SBTarget",S5,clrRed,1,STYLE_SOLID);

ObjectCreate(0,nameHLine,OBJ_HLINE,0,0,linePrice); ... ObjectName and Price fields are there, to get the required information. Just dont know how to do it.

William Roeder:

You didn't specify that you have the code. If all you have is the ".EX5" there is nothing that can be done.
     How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. 2004
          Be precise and informative about your problem

Thanks William

will take a note of this. :)

Fernando Carreiro:

Yes, if you have the source code, then obviously you can modify the Indicator's code to save the calculation results to a buffer so that it will be accessible via "iCustom()".

However, whether you yourself can do it easily or not, depends on the complexity of the Indicator's calculations and your knowledge and experience at being able to modify the code to achieve that goal.

Thanks Fernando

yeh it make sense for me.

Reason: