Possible Scam, a group in here trading XAUUSD - page 2

Christian Ziehengraser
Eleni Anna Branou:

A lot of people are around here, that doesn't make MQL5.com or Metaquotes responsible for their actions.

Thank you for your answer even I can not see a related question. I did not accuse mql5 to be responsible, I just asked for help ... and tataa: Sergey appeared. So I said: Oh thank you Sergey, I see you have done something, I see you did understand my question, the funny group is gone. :-)
Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  
Christian Ziehengraser:
Thank you for your answer even I can not see a related question. I did not accuse mql5 to be responsible, I just asked for help ... and tataa: Sergey appeared. So I said: Oh thank you Sergey, I see you have done something, I see you did understand my question, the funny group is gone. :-)
I think - it is Russian forum users complained before you opend this thread, and the admins explained on the forum that it is the spam if the channel owner subscribed the user for the second time (after the user unsubscribed from his channel).
Juvenille Emperor Limited
Christian Ziehengraser:

Today, I've received 3 such messages that had added me as a subscriber to their signal group.

I clicked the unsubscribe button at the top of the message and they are gone.

It was annoying, but not the end of the world.

Marco vd Heijden

Well it's spam and it should not be possible.

In some countries sending spam is prohibited by law.

Also here https://www.mql5.com/en/about/terms#part_3

3.18. Each User further represents, warrants and agrees that he/she shall:

a) carry on their activities on the MetaQuotes Ltd Website in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations;

b) conduct their business transactions with other MQL5 Services Users in good faith;

c) carry on their activities in accordance with the Terms of Use and any applicable Rules and Additional Agreements;

d) not use MQL5 Services or MetaQuotes Ltd Website to defraud any person or entity (including without limitation sale of stolen items, use of stolen credit/debit cards);

e) not impersonate any person or entity, misrepresent themselves or their affiliation with any person or entity;

f) not engage in spamming or phishing;

g) not engage in any other unlawful activities (including without limitation those which would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, etc) or encourage any unlawful or fraudulent activities;

h) not attempt to copy, reproduce, exploit or expropriate MetaQuotes Ltd Website’s various proprietary directories, databases and listings;

i) not distribute any computer viruses or other destructive devices and codes that have the effect of damaging, interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any software or hardware system, data or personal information;

j) not involve any scheme to undermine the integrity of the data, systems or networks used by MetaQuotes Ltd Website and/or any User of MQL5 Services or gain unauthorized access to such data, systems or networks;

k) not engage in any activities that would otherwise create any liability and/or financial losses for MetaQuotes Ltd or its affiliates.

Terms of Use of MQL5.community
Terms of Use of MQL5.community
  • www.mql5.com
Terms of Use of MQL5.community website and different traders services.
Marco vd Heijden:

Well it's spam and it should not be possible.

In some countries sending spam is prohibited by law.

Also here https://www.mql5.com/en/about/terms#part_3

3.18. Each User further represents, warrants and agrees that he/she shall:

a) carry on their activities on the MetaQuotes Ltd Website in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations;

b) conduct their business transactions with other MQL5 Services Users in good faith;

c) carry on their activities in accordance with the Terms of Use and any applicable Rules and Additional Agreements;

d) not use MQL5 Services or MetaQuotes Ltd Website to defraud any person or entity (including without limitation sale of stolen items, use of stolen credit/debit cards);

e) not impersonate any person or entity, misrepresent themselves or their affiliation with any person or entity;

f) not engage in spamming or phishing;

g) not engage in any other unlawful activities (including without limitation those which would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, etc) or encourage any unlawful or fraudulent activities;

h) not attempt to copy, reproduce, exploit or expropriate MetaQuotes Ltd Website’s various proprietary directories, databases and listings;

i) not distribute any computer viruses or other destructive devices and codes that have the effect of damaging, interfering with, intercepting or expropriating any software or hardware system, data or personal information;

j) not involve any scheme to undermine the integrity of the data, systems or networks used by MetaQuotes Ltd Website and/or any User of MQL5 Services or gain unauthorized access to such data, systems or networks;

k) not engage in any activities that would otherwise create any liability and/or financial losses for MetaQuotes Ltd or its affiliates.

That's true Marco, I wish they could do something about this new practice.

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  
Eleni Anna Branou:

That's true Marco, I wish they could do something about this new practice.

It should be rules for that:

• what channel owners can do;
  • what channel owners can not do;
  • and what can be considered as a spam in this new feature.

By the way, as I remember - google used similar feature to promote their google+ (they named it as a cycles, and everybody can include any user to any cycle, and any user can unsubscribe to it with not a problem at all). So, this new feature is practically proven (for "commercial people" to promote something).
But we need the rules for that and a little more explanation about "what for" for example.
Because not everybody understands about why do we (or they) need it sorry.

Sergey Golubev
Sergey Golubev  

And it should be a choice. For example, if I go to "My Profile - Settings" so I should see the following question for me:

"Do you allow to be subscribed to the channel?"

• Yes
  • Not

If "Not" so I do not care about the channels anymore.
If "Yes" so I want to see the rules of the channels (because my "Yes" = rules).

---------------- 

I hope that the MetaQuotes will make an announcement related to this new messaging features.
Because there are all chats, private chats, group chats and channels (we can check in on Metatrader's private messaging system for example).

MQL5.community - User Memo
MQL5.community - User Memo
  • www.mql5.com
You have just registered and most likely you have questions such as, "How do I insert a picture to my a message?" "How do I format my MQL5 source code?" "Where are my personal messages kept?" You may have many other questions. In this article, we have prepared some hands-on tips that will help you get accustomed in MQL5.community and take full advantage of its available features.
Sergey Golubev:

And it should be a choice. For example, if I go to "My Profile - Settings" so I should see the following question for me:

"Do you allow to be subscribed to the channel?"

• Yes
  • Not

If "Not" so I do not care about the channels anymore.
If "Yes" so I want to see the rules of the channels (because my "Yes" = rules).

---------------- 

I hope that the MetaQuotes will make an announcement related to this new messaging features.
Because there are all chats, private chats, group chats and channels (we can check in on Metatrader's private messaging system for example).

That's a useful suggestion Sergey, I hope they listen.