"Access violation write to 0x4018E55A" Error

Hello,

I have tried contacting the mql5 support directly, but was directed to this forums. After the latest 1312 mt4 build update i now get the "

2020.12.06 15:19:06.822 2018.10.18 08:00:00 Access violation write to 0x4018E55A" error when try running the backtest.

Nothing had changed from the previous tests that were run and completed perfectly to now where after about 2 years of run time i get the "Access violation write" error. All that changed was me allowing the mt4 to update from the previous version to the latest 1312.

The coder i am working with as well as the information i read on forums had said that it has nothing to do with the code, but is an internal error in the terminal and needs to be reported to mql5.

I am happy to provide more information if needed. By this point i have fully reinstalled mt4 platform several times with a full newly configured settings, indis and experts as well as the newly dowloaded data. I still get the error. Sometimes it shows the error, sometimes it just stops the test, sometimes it closes the terminal completely. 

I would really appreciate a timely assistance with this issue. Please let me know if i need to provide any further details. Thank you.

Testing trading strategies on real ticks
  • www.mql5.com
The article provides the results of testing a simple trading strategy in three modes: " 1 minute OHLC " using only Open, High, Low and Close prices of minute bars; detailed modeling in " Every tick " mode, as well as the most accurate " Every tick based on real ticks " mode applying actual historical data. Comparing the results allows us to...

Oovie: I would really appreciate a timely assistance with this issue. Please let me know if i need to provide any further details. 
  1. There is nothing us users here can do.
  2. Generate a simple test case that can reproduce the issue.

William Roeder:
  1. There is nothing us users here can do.
  2. Generate a simple test case that can reproduce the issue.

Thank you for your reply, i was directed to the forums by the mql5 support. My understanding is that mql5 staff will help with the issue through here. 

2. I get the error every time i try to run the 5 year backtest that i usually use for my bench mark readings / comparison. When i do i get 3 outcomes:

- The mt4 terminal closes itself and i have to restart it

- I get the "Access violation write to 0x4018E55A" error

- Test stops itself abruptly 

This happened on the first try after i updated the mt4 to 1312. I have to admit i did it by mistake as i try to stay away from these mt4 updates as long as possible. Now i am paying for the mistake at this point by 20+ wasted hours of trying to resolve the issue.

• www.mql5.com
The article provides the results of testing a simple trading strategy in three modes: " 1 minute OHLC " using only Open, High, Low and Close prices of minute bars; detailed modeling in " Every tick " mode, as well as the most accurate " Every tick based on real ticks " mode applying actual historical data. Comparing the results allows us to...

Oovie:

My understanding is that mql5 staff will help with the issue through here.

mql5 staff (Admin) rarely respond to posts in the forum.

Keith Watford:

mql5 staff (Admin) rarely respond to posts in the forum.

Could you please advise me on the best way about to get the assistance with the issue? So far it looked like this:

- Coder advised me to contact Mt4 support. I have contacted Axi trader.

- Axi trader gave me a link to contact MQL5 support

- I have contacted MQL5 support. Their reply was to take this matter to forums. 

"Hello,

We are only dealing with requests related to financial operations on mql5.com. All other questions/requests should be posted on the forum."

MQL5 forum
MQL5 forum
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5: Forum on automated trading systems and strategy testing

Oovie:

Could you please advise me on the best way about to get the assistance with the issue? So far it looked like this:

Sorry, I have no advice to offer.
Maybe somebody who has experienced the same issue will reply.

Reason: