About to give up on MT5. cannot see screen

smadden
smadden  

the screen, that should have my charts, is black. the toolbars, navigator, and toolbox all show; just the chart screen is black.

apparently, no one else has had this issue. the only responses i've received are startup blah blahs and 'get a new account'.

if anyone truly knows how to resolve this, please help. But i don't need to learn how to register, to open a new chart, or to put indicators on the chart (these are a few of the nonsense replies i've received).

Otherwise, if this cannot be fixed, I'd like a few to input on preference of TradeStation, TradingView, or ThinkOrSwim platforms, that would be adequate alternative to the MetaTrader5.

Thanks

Juvenille Emperor Limited
Eleni Anna Branou  
smadden:

the screen, that should have my charts, is black. the toolbars, navigator, and toolbox all show; just the chart screen is black.

apparently, no one else has had this issue. the only responses i've received are startup blah blahs and 'get a new account'.

if anyone truly knows how to resolve this, please help. But i don't need to learn how to register, to open a new chart, or to put indicators on the chart (these are a few of the nonsense replies i've received).

Otherwise, if this cannot be fixed, I'd like a few to input on preference of TradeStation, TradingView, or ThinkOrSwim platforms, that would be adequate alternative to the MetaTrader5.

Thanks

Millions of traders are using MT4/5 terminals right now, you've got a black screen and you think that is something is wrong with the software, how logical is that?

Have you logged into your trading account with the correct credentials, account number, server and password?

Make sure that you are properly logged in first and then complain.

In order to check that you are properly logged into a trading account you login first and then you check the Journal tab, down in the Terminal/Toolbox window and should write something like: trading has been enabled... terminal synchronized with ... successful authorization performed...

Paul Anscombe
Paul Anscombe  
smadden:

Thanks

if you attach a screen shot of terminal it might be easier to see your problem.

smadden
smadden  
Paul Anscombe:

if you attach a screen shot of terminal it might be easier to see your problem.

screenshot 

This is what i see

Thanks for the feedback
Juvenille Emperor Limited
Eleni Anna Branou  
smadden:

This is what i see

Thanks for the feedback

Make sure that you have set some other than black colors for candles on your chart properties (right click on your chart >> Properties).

This is something you did accidentaly or some indicator or EA you loaded on your chart (and its still attached), altered these settings.

Also I wonder, is this some demo or real account on some broker or is it the default Metaquotes demo account?

Files: