Ctrader or MT5?

Mahdi Heidari
Mahdi Heidari  

Hi,

After Years of Trading I want to start Automate trading now. There seem to be 2 options for me: Using Ctrader or MT. 

For manual trading, it's easier to work with ctrader. But the question is, if it's true for CBots? As I'm not familiar with Programming I have to learn MQL5 for MT or C# for Ctrader and  I don't want to invest time and then regret choosing one of them. 

It seems to be harder to find relevant videos on YouTube for Ctrader. But as I watched videos about MQL5, it seems to be easy to use it. So my first question is, is it to do the same to write a bot in Ctrader (as I won't be an expert in programming). The other question is, if there is an official source to find how to adjust my programming knowledge, to what is relevant for writing bots and experts?(If it's even needed)?

Thanks for your answer. 

Carl Schreiber
Carl Schreiber  
Just start with a search (top right the lens) for cookbook and select (on the left side) articles. There are almost 30 articles for beginners.
Tomas_G
Tomas_G  
Where good bridge ctrader - mt4 mt5 ?
Donald-ClickAlgo
Donald-ClickAlgo  
I have been using both languages and platforms on a professional level and I must admit that cTrader and C# are far easier to use. Also I do not think there something possible in MQL5 that is not possible in C#. C# is a much more advanced language since it is a general purpose language compared to the domain specific MQL5. You can find much more code samples and download thousands of libraries from NuGet. You do not need to know cTrader to learn programming in C# and there is an abundance of resources. Indeed there are much more EAs in MQL5 than cTrader cBots and much more MT4/5 users than cTrader users but if you are just looking to develop your own strategy from scratch and not commercialize it, I would propose to go with cTrader and C#.