is there such a thing as Risk Reward based on Connection Latency

To add comments, please log in or register
Alex Go
Alex Go  

so, if I'm in GMT-5, Server in GMT+2

if by Connection Latency I mean "delay before a transfer of data begins following an instruction for its transfer" then from the moment I run my strategy, step by step through all the calculations data is being requested 7 hours away, then received, modified, and re-requested several times over, so a Total Processing Time of a Strategy, maybe called something in Strategy Tester, either way...one latency episode takes about 2 seconds on my PC, then probably about 2.5-3.0 more seconds to get to the server 7 hours away, let me give it 2 seconds on the server, 2.5-3.0 more seconds back, then 1 more second on my PC....and in the end of this 2+2.5-3.0+2+2.5-3.0=7-9 seconds I either bought or sold and made money or lost.

So, if I'm right 80% of the time on the expected price range before and until the end of a selected time duration I can run the strategy say, only when connection speed displayed in the bottom right corner of mt4 platform is less than ...say 0.214-0.382* 7-9 seconds...

data centers

so if right above it 3.4, and while 0.214-0.382* 7-9 seconds is 1.5 : 2.7 - 1.9 : 3.4 so then by time-hour-minute of the day the connection speed could either fall between or outside my Total Processing Time of a Strategy => turn on the EA at 07:55:01 EST, turn off and close all at 11:00:01 EST and the result is spectacular...

that's the New York Session until the London Fix (I believe there still is such a thing), consequently, Reuters Benchmark at noon, CME IMM Futures close at 3PM, Tokyo bell at 7, through to the next day London Open at 3AM EST and the next day's EA turn on at 7:55 AM EST, which means I could turn it on during other times, like ...later

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
I hope you understand what you wrote, because I don't.
To add comments, please log in or register