what am i missing?

Hey all,

i've written a small code and all is working but this condition is not, i don't know if i have coded it wrong or i'm missing something if you can help me

RSI = iRSI(NULL,0,RSI_period,RSI_applied_price,1);

if((iBarShift(NULL,0,SignalCandle) > 0) && (isTradingAllowed())){
      if((iClose(NULL,0,1) > iOpen(NULL,0,0)) && (iRSI(NULL,0,14,PRICE_OPEN,0) > RSI)){
         OpenBuy();
         SignalCandle = iTime(NULL,0,0);

What i'm aiming in this condition is that "If the new candle closes higher than the previous one, and if the RSI is higher than the previous one, place BUY"

but it's not doing so, is there something wrong with what i've wrote?

ahbenayan:

Hey all,

i've written a small code and all is working but this condition is not, i don't know if i have coded it wrong or i'm missing something if you can help me

What i'm aiming in this condition is that "If the new candle closes higher than the previous one, and if the RSI is higher than the previous one, place BUY"

but it's not doing so, is there something wrong with what i've wrote?

Print out all your variables on-screen from appropriate places in your code; that will show where your logic is failing..e.g.
Comment(RSI, " ",SignalCandle)// etc

When the subject matter is MQL4 please post in the correct section. I will move this topic there.

if((iClose(NULL,0,1) > iOpen(NULL,0,0)) && (iRSI(NULL,0,14,PRICE_OPEN,0) > RSI)){
         OpenBuy();

Your 2 iRSI calls have different parameters (although they may happen to be the same depending on the inputs.)

"If the new candle closes higher than the previous one, and if the RSI is higher than the previous one, place BUY"

if((iClose(NULL,0,1) > iOpen(NULL,0,0)) && (iRSI(NULL,0,14,PRICE_OPEN,0) > RSI))
You are checking if the previous close is higher than the open price of the current bar.

Keith Watford:

When the subject matter is MQL4 please post in the correct section. I will move this topic there.

Your 2 iRSI calls have different parameters (although they may happen to be the same depending on the inputs.)

You are checking if the previous close is higher than the open price of the current bar.

Thank you for your explanation it really helped me, if i use the below, is it right?

(iClose(NULL,0,0) > NormalizeDouble((iOpen(NULL,0,1) + (5*Point())),Tick_Decimals))

That if the open is 5 points higher than the close

ahbenayan:

ahbenayan:

That if the open is 5 points higher than the close

You need to make up your mind what you are trying to do.

(iClose(NULL,0,0) > NormalizeDouble((iOpen(NULL,0,1) + (5*Point())),Tick_Decimals))

Here you are checking if the current price is more than 5 points higher than the open of the previous closed bar. Neither of the above scenarios.

Keith Watford:

You need to make up your mind what you are trying to do.

Here you are checking if the current price is more than 5 points higher than the open of the previous closed bar. Neither of the above scenarios.

So if i implement this code, will it check if the price gets 5 points higher to do what i tell it to? or will it check the moment the new candle open to match the OPEN PRICE with CLOSE PRICE?

The thing is that i'm testing to see which will be better for the EA, to compare the CLOSE PRICE  < NEW CANDLE CLOSE PRICE , or to compare the CLOSE PRICE < NEW CANDLE OPEN PRICE

either way i'm trying to tell the EA that this candle is higher than the one before.

ahbenayan: So if i implement this code, will it check if the price gets 5 points higher to do what i tell it to?
  1. Decide what you want it to do in concrete terms — without that, you can't code it.
  2. Code it to do what you want. It will only do what you code it.
Twice you have stated things, but what you coded wasn't them.

William Roeder:
  1. Decide what you want it to do in concrete terms — without that, you can't code it.
  2. Code it to do what you want. It will only do what you code it.
Twice you have stated things, but what you coded wasn't them.

What i'm trying to do with the code is that "if the current candle price is got +5 higher than the previous closed candle, and the current RSI is higher than the previous candle"

i've read and searched through the forum and found some functions such as MarketInfo, MqlTick  and SymbolInfoTick and i don't know if they are suitable for what i'm looking for or not.

Such as the below is this correct command to fulfill my need? or am i still missing something

PriceBid = MarketInfo(0,MODE_BID)

if((iClose(NULL,0,1) < PriceBid) && (iRSI(NULL,0,14,PRICE_OPEN,0) > RSI)){
         OpenBuy();
Reason: