What is a good StopTrailing (as points) in a Healthy H4 trend

Hi all,

Lets say you entered in a good point of a Healthy H4 trend

Lets say you earned 150 points or the amount you like in your strategy and you want to setup up a stoptrailing

How many points would be your choice like 100 or 150 or what?

read this thread with a lot of the information, tools and more:
Which strategy is best to close the position?
Which strategy is best to close the position?
  • www.mql5.com
Which strategy is best to close profitable positions...

Example -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

PriceChannel Parabolic system

Sergey Golubev, 2017.06.29 07:52

The beginning - Channel systems

1. Channel trading system - the key thread 
  2. SHI Indicators thread 
  3. Price_Channel_v6-ea thread 
  4. Price Channel thread 
===========

After 

PriceChannel Parabolic system basic edition

• indicators and template to download for black background (first post of this thread)
  • PriceChannel indicator is on CodeBase here, same for white backgroundhow to install
  • Clock indicator to be used with this trading system - Indicator displays three variants of time in the chart: local, server and GMT 
  • PriceChannel ColorPar Ichi system is on this post 

PriceChannel Parabolic system second edition

• indicators and template to download for black/white background - look at this post.

Latest version of the system with latest EAs to download

How to trade

The setting for EAs: optimization and backtesting 

Trading examples

Metaquotes demo 

GoMarkets broker, initial deposit is 1,000

• statement (77 dollars in less than 1 hour)

Alpari UK broker initial deposit is 1,000

RoboForex broker initial deposit is 1,000

MEHMET FATIH BARUT: How many points would be your choice like 100 or 150 or what?

Since every symbol is different, any such choice is arbitrary. A starting point might be n × ATR, with n being [2.5 … 3.5].

MEHMET FATIH BARUT:

Hi all,

Lets say you entered in a good point of a Healthy H4 trend

Lets say you earned 150 points or the amount you like in your strategy and you want to setup up a stoptrailing

How many points would be your choice like 100 or 150 or what?

It depends on the currency pair and the time you are prepared to leave your position open.

I myself perform individual tests on all pairs that interest me and I make customized settings for each one of them.

There is no easy answer in these questions, but for a H4 trend strategy, I prefer a SL level close to the daily range.

William Roeder:

Since every symbol is different, any such choice is arbitrary. A starting point might be n × ATR, with n being [2.5 … 3.5].

thanks

Eleni Anna Branou:

It depends on the currency pair and the time you are prepared to leave your position open.

I myself perform individual tests on all pairs that interest me and I make customized settings for each one of them.

There is no easy answer in these questions, but for a H4 trend strategy, I prefer a SL level close to the daily range.

thanks, does daily range mean D1[0] ATR?

No. Because bar zero is still forming, its measured value will always be less than true value. Use bar one.
Reason: