Problem Downloading Items from the Market

I have multiple MT4 terminals on my PC. When I attempt to download an item from the market, it only goes to the terminal that was last installed. I tried installing products within the terminal itself, but sometimes the products I am looking for do not show up when I do a key word search for them, which is another problem.

I need to know how I can (if possible) download to the terminal of my choice, rather than being stuck with only being able to download to the terminal that was last installed.

• Check Internet Explorer - it should be the latest version (I am having version 11 for Windows 10). Because the market is using Internet Explorer.
  • Check your login/pass in Community tab in all metatrader instances.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

I can not (for the first time!) Download the purchased indicator on MT4

Sergey Golubev , 2019.02.17 09:50

If you bought it (not from the Metatrader, but from the web page; usually buy directly from the Metatrader), then check the Community tab (should be filled in with your forum login and password) -

Then go here - and download the purchased product (it is written Buy and Rent there because I did not buy, and written Test because I just downloaded the free demo for testing in the tester; and you will have Install there; if there is a new version, then there will be another Update button) -

The other example (machine translation from Russian to English) -

So all the same, what is the product attached to from the market attached to?

Sergey Golubev , 2019.11.23 10:23

Purchased products.

There are 3 activations left.

This Expert Advisor already exists on one Metatrader: I somehow downloaded it there a long time ago, and at the same time, the Market folder was created long ago with it -

That is, he was already there (and normally attaches to the schedule).

On the second Metatrader (within the same computer) in the experts there is no Market folder.

That is, I have to upload the already purchased Expert Advisor to the second Metatrader, and the Market folder will appear on the second MT5 in the experts and this advisor -

That is, I uploaded the Expert Advisor that I bought once to the second Metatrader (within the same computer), the Market folder was created in the experts for the second MT5, and the expert was installed there (and it also attaches normally).

And my activations did not decrease at the same time - as there were three free, so three remained (since I did everything within one computer and one OS).

It means: you can copy the product from one Metatrader instance to the other metatrader instance in case both metatraders are having same build and located on same computer (I tried it and it worked for me).

And, finally - it is some official/standard information -

How to Start with Metatrader 5
How to Start with Metatrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
I decided to create this thread to help to myself and to the others to start with Metatrader 5...

I appreciate your effort, but unfortunately, it doesn't resolve my issue. 

cvdestyfx:
I appreciate your effort, but unfortunately, it doesn't resolve my issue. 

Did you try to copy the products from one terminal to an other one (within one PC)? Because it works for me.
Besides, if you want to install the product to some Metatrader instance so use this instance to download and install it (do not use Market webpage to dowbnload/install).

---------------

.. do not show up when I do a key word search for them ...

If you login to your trading account,a nd if you place your forum login/pass to the Community tab so you can search (look at top right corner in Metatrader) and you will find the product you are searching for.

Sergey Golubev:

Did you try to copy the products from one terminal to an other one (within one PC)? Because it works for me.
Besides, if you want to install the product to some Metatrader instance so use this instance to download and install it (do not use Market webpage to dowbnload/install).

---------------

If you login to your trading account,a nd if you place your forum login/pass to the Community tab so you can search (look at top right corner in Metatrader) and you will find the product you are searching for.

Yes, I was already aware of the copy and paste approach, but it is a hassle and I was hoping there was a better way to download a product without having to do that. 

cvdestyfx:

Yes, I was already aware of the copy and paste approach, but it is a hassle and I was hoping there was a better way to download a product without having to do that. 

1. You open your desired MT4/5 terminal.

2. Make sure you are logged into your MQL5 account in MT4/5 >> Tools >> Options >> Community tab.

3. Go down in Terminal/Tooolbox window and click the Market tab.

4. Click the Purchased option on the upper left side.

5. Click the blue Install button of the purchased product you want to install in this terminal.

6. You can find your installed product in the Navigator window, under Experts/Indicators >> Market.

Eleni Anna Branou:

1. You open your desired MT4/5 terminal.

2. Make sure you are logged into your MQL5 account in MT4/5 >> Tools >> Options >> Community tab.

3. Go down in Terminal/Tooolbox window and click the Market tab.

4. Click the Purchased option on the upper left side.

5. Click the blue Install button of the purchased product you want to install in this terminal.

6. You can find your installed product in the Navigator window, under Experts/Indicators >> Market.

Actually, they don't all show up. And it's not just purchased items I want to install, but demo versions of products, that for some reason, don't show up in the search results of the terminal. 

cvdestyfx:

Actually, they don't all show up. And it's not just purchased items I want to install, but demo versions of products, that for some reason, don't show up in the search results of the terminal. 

The service desk is dealing with possible bugs in simple way:

• If the possible bug can be reproduced so it is real bug and it should be fixed. The possible bug may be trying to be reproduced by the members of the forum if all technical information/proofs are available.
  • If possible bug can not be reproduced, or not enough technical information (Windows version by screenshot, Internet Explorer version - proof by screenshot, MT4 build, which products are missing in search - links to the product page; and so on) so the bug does not exist and the complaints about possible bug is ignored.

It is what the service desk is replying on Russian forum. And there are a lot of cases when users of the forum proves/confirmed/reproduced some bug, and the service desk is fixing those bugs after that and replying about it on the thread with new beta build of Metatrader issuing (in case of MT5 for example).

-------------------

Spoils the history of synthetic instruments during an unscheduled terminal overload

Renat Fatkhullin , 08/08/15 2:03 p.m.

How to reproduce your situation?

Sorry, you have not provided any data. Just a general question.

So, the only ways I can suggest in your case are the following:

• you can try to get (to provide) as many technical information (with proofs by logs and/or screenshots) as possible for this possible bug to be reproduced by the other users, or
  • you can go through the posts on this thread to check everything related once again.
Reason: