New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1260

The MetaTrader 4 update will be released on Friday, January the 24th, 2020. The update provides bug fixes and stability improvements.

The new version will be available through the Live Update system.

MetaQuotes :

The MetaTrader 4 update will be released on Friday , January the 24th, 2020. The update provides bug fixes and stability improvements.

Could you provide a list of update changes? 

Dear MetaQuotes-Team,

new topic: Duplicate ChartIDs within same MT4-Terminal.

I noticed duplicate ChartIDs for a while ... thought it would be a mistake/error within MT4 and you would correct this issue - but you didn't.

Question: is it an error ? must ChartID be unique within one terminal ... or is it "as it is" ?

Thank you very much in advance for your clear answer.

Kind Regards,

Mark

Koros Jafarzadeh: Let me guess about updates:
  1. Fix some bugs
  2. Making new bugs

:))))

100 little bugs in the code
fix one bug
and recompile
101 little bugs in the code

William Roeder:
100 little bugs in the code
fix one bug
and recompile
101 little bugs in the code

Thanks to Metaquotes for still updating MT4.

MT4 is robust and flexible enough to stay a major reference after so many years, even compared to other recent trading software that are more sexy but less robust for developping EA

I don't know how I would do without it. Even MT5 code is more complex and require more developping time.

So thank you Metaquotes, we'll continue to report bugs for fixing.

MetaQuotes:

The MetaTrader 4 update will be released on Friday, January the 24th, 2020. The update provides bug fixes and stability improvements.

Five stars from me for the interest and work that is being done.

After the update the processor usage is much higher. I run 2 terminals and processor usasge is almost always at 90% or above. And terminal windows keep being maximized. I run them minimized on the task bar, but every few seconds it blinks and the window is maximized and go on top of everything. REALLY ANOYING.

That's something specific to you — mine's fine.

• how can i login my metatrader5 on my account 

okafor joshua:

• how can i login my metatrader5 on my account 

You need your account number and password.

If you don't remember them, contact your broker.

Hello. Im new to this and learning.  Trying to download MT4 but seems its only letting me odnwload MT5.  Any ideas?
Reason: