Expert advisor cost

Hello all,

This is a very straightforward question.

How much do we need to pay to get a very profitable fully automated EA right from purchase already optimised?

What I have in mind is at least 10-20% profit per month from the available capital while combining 2 or 3 robots of different strategies.

Following question is which ones?

How can we chose among all the EA available and avoid the scam softwares?

<Deleted>

I would be more willing to pay a return on my gains for a while than a high price right before the very first $ I get from the software.

Thanks.

Nobody has any comment on this question?

serge103:

What I have in mind is at least 10-20% profit per month from the available capital while combining 2 or 3 robots of different strategies.

Any EA that would guarantee to consistently return 10% + per month would be at least 100,000 $ but I don't think that they exist.

Keith Watford:

Any EA that would guarantee to consistently return 10% + per month would be at least 100,000 $ but I don't think that they exist.

I don't think it even would be public if it existed.

It's like when people talking about and seeking this 'Holy Grail' thing. The question - does that exist? well maybe it does (in the authors eyes that using it maybe) and are more than happy with it's performance while others keep mention it's a bad adviser. The definition of a Holy Grail system can by my opinion be many things.

A system that would be that profitable with a guarantee of returning 10-20% every month over and over again year after year may or may not exist - if it exist it's not something we have our hands on

Oh it exists already.

But they work on a different principle.

In stead of trying to follow the trend, they create the trend.

Of course you also need a different trading account with that.

One that has enough capital to push and pull or pump and dump as that seems to be the new term.

So even if you had your hands on one, it would most likely be useless for most people, because they would still need the necessary capital to drive the system/market.

That's not about throwing 1 or 10 lot's towards the market (let alone 0.01 or 0.1).

So this question about the cost of a profitable EA depends somewhat on the balance on your trading account and the risk you are prepared to take.

Someone told me 'Slow and Steady, win's the race' 

Maybe you can lower that 10% a bit.

Also on a footnote these manipulative systems can not be tested in the backtester because throwing a rather large position at historic data does not reflect the same reaction or event as when you would do that on a live feed.

Thanks.

Guarantee over and over for ever is not exactly what I had in mind. 

Just one year at 10%/m and fading afterward would already be nice enough.

The other factor is the amount of time we need to spend testing and optimizing cheap robots before they work.

It's kind of hard when you still have a full time job. It's a viscious cycle, no time no money and no money still a job and no time.

On this market right here, we can see mid-range EAs at 2000$.

What one can expect from a robot at 2000$ compared to 200$?

I read somewhere that the cost is not a guarantee of performance.

Where do you look to get real obective reviews not totally biaised by conflict of interest or just a scam?

It looks like farwest from what I have seen so far. It looks hard to filter out the good from the crap.

I don't mind to pay a little more if I have the return, but I don't want to put money in drain.  

Again, I don't think it's feasible to be really profitable with just one robot.

Combining 2 or 3 different ones looks like a better idea in my mind, then it means 2-3 times the expense. 

serge103 #:

Where do you look to get real obective reviews not totally biaised by conflict of interest or just a scam?

I think you can achieve this by back-testing and forward-testing. It takes a few years to find the right bot for you(if there is any at all!).

I believe you cannot know which bot is good if you are not already a good enough trader.

Reason: