Different Results From Backtesting VS My Original Chart For An Indicator

Hi everyone. I got an indicator that I will attach to the post. The problem is when I add it to my originnal chart I get a few arrows showing entry and exit signals, but when I start backtesting it, more arrows show up when I compare it to my original chart. In short words, more arrows in my backtesting visual chart than my original chart. Does anybody know why this happens? And also can anybody find out the logic behind the indicator?

Alirzen:

Hi everyone. I got an indicator that I will attach to the post. The problem is when I add it to my originnal chart I get a few arrows showing entry and exit signals, but when I start backtesting it, more arrows show up when I compare it to my original chart. In short words, more arrows in my backtesting visual chart than my original chart. Does anybody know why this happens? And also can anybody find out the logic behind the indicator?

This is because the indicator repaints.

Eleni Anna Branou:

This is because the indicator repaints.

I know what you mean by repainting. So i have to wait for the the next candle. In the next candle, if i make sure that the previous candle is a signal, or in other words, there's an arrow on it, i can decide what to do, right?

Alirzen:
I know what you mean by repainting. So i have to wait for the the next candle. In the next candle, if i make sure that the previous candle is a signal, or in other words, there's an arrow on it, i can decide what to do, right?

I don't know, sometimes repainting indicators redraw their chart marks/arrows many candles after they were drawn.

The best way to test it is to have it on a M1 chart (on an open market of course) and check a few hours of live trading.

I am sorry to say but this super-signals indicator is the coding joke created by famous coder: Nick Beluck
Yes, he created this indicator as a joke ("too good to be a true" joke). He did it for Metatrader 3.
I mean: super-signals indicator is well-known joke made by Nick Beluck many years ago.
And it is nothing about next candle ... it is something as "the arrows are appeared/disappeared on 4 hours ago candles or 2 days ago candles or any .." ... It is same as you are trading on open bar signals which are not valid at all ...

Later on - the people converted this "joke" for Metatrader 4 (and some renamed super-signals indicator is still somewhere on the forum).

Look at the following - 

Sergey Golubev:

I am sorry to say but this super-signals indicator is the coding joke created by famous coder: Nick Beluck
Yes, he created this indicator as a joke ("too good to be a true" joke). He did it for Metatrader 3.
I mean: super-signals indicator is well-known joke made by Nick Beluck many years ago.
And it is nothing about next candle ... it is something as "the arrows are appeared/disappeared on 4 hours ago candles or 2 days ago candles or any .." ... It is same as you are trading on open bar signals which are not valid at all ...

Later on - the people converted this "joke" for Metatrader 4 (and some renamed super-signals indicator is still somewhere on the forum).

Look at the following - 

Thanks for your information. I had seen the code, and i told my self, how could it be a super signal indicator with just less than 100 lines of coding. So i doubted it and created this topic.
If you don't mind, i have a question for you. Does fractals repaint too? And if they do, then we should decide in the next candle, right? To make sure that the previous candle has a sign up or down.

Alirzen:
Thanks for your information. I had seen the code, and i told my self, how could it be a super signal indicator with just less than 100 lines of coding. So i doubted it and created this topic.
If you don't mind, i have a question for you. Does fractals repaint too? And if they do, then we should decide in the next candle, right? To make sure that the previous candle has a sign up or down.

I am not a coder, but I knew Nick Beluck during the many years.
And the arrows are disappeared on this indicator ... or making false signals ... super = false :)

---------------

Yes, I traded using re-painted indicators (trading on open bar), and there are some systems/EAs (mostly - for scalping) trading on open bar, there are EAs (Firebird EA with many versions on the forum for example) which was coded on open bar + high/low of the bar + close bar (within one EA's code) ...
But it is not easy to use those systems .. and I do not trust MT4 strategy tester in case of those "complex systems" ..

I mean - you are using MT4 strategy tester ... and as far as I know - some people are converting their indicators/EAs to MT5 just to test them with 'every tick based on real tick' mode (to be the same as trading) ...

---------------

Reason: