Where can I find an example of EA to trade stocks or ETFs? - page 2

Pierre Rougier:

Hello Alain,

My goal is just to check how stocks are working.
I'm just looking for an EA who opens and closes orders.
I do not care whether the EA makes a profit or not.

Hi, Pierre. If you only want to do simple things like open/close positions (to figure out how EAs generally work) you can use any Experts or even Scripts. It all depends on your trading platform. obviously, with MetaTrader, you can use a lot of different EAs and Scripts that are available in the codebase. (considering your broker should support stocks and ETFs symbols)

Hello!
I am a younger pensioner and I trade with a plus of 500. After 5 years of trading with different effects, I finally found a system with which I no longer lose my money. I earn even more than my pension a month. Of course, this is a job that requires at least 4 hours of intensive work per day. I lost a lot of money in the first three years, but then I just came to a system in which I no longer lose. Of course, there are random fluctuations.

Alain Verleyen:

Yes and no. Technically an EA can be coded to work on any instrument, but from trading point of view, I doubt your will find a strategy that "works" on Forex and at the same time on stocks.

More than that, even technically you will find a lot of EA that seems to work but don't really take into account the specificities of stocks (or Futures, Options and centralized market in general). Just one example : a Forex chart is a "bid" chart, a stocks chart is a "last" chart.

Pierre is right to search for a specific EA, but I have nothing to recommend. If the goal is just to check how stocks are working, then it should not be hard to find one. If the goal is to find a good EA (that makes profit) that's not so easy to find as they are private most of the time.

thanks Sir! ... my goal is just to check how stocks are working, could you please recommend me one bot to study... or direct me to the right place to look for it!
have a good day!

Reason: