Using AWS To Optimize Backtests With MT5

To add comments, please log in or register
trelh
trelh  
I have to run optimization backtests on MT5 on custom symbols because I need to set custom spreads and timeframes. The Cloud network does not work with custom symbols, so I need another option to run these tests much faster. Does anyone have experience using Amazon AWS/Instances for testing with MT5, Thanks!
Daniel Stein
Daniel Stein  
trelh:
I have to run optimization backtests on MT5 on custom symbols because I need to set custom spreads and timeframes. The Cloud network does not work with custom symbols, so I need another option to run these tests much faster. Does anyone have experience using Amazon AWS/Instances for testing with MT5, Thanks!

My experience with AWS and other VPS/VDS providers is that it get's pretty expensive if you want real powerful performance.

If you need them for a short period of time you can use them. In case you need this high performance longer it's much cheaper to build a powerful system yourself.

trelh
trelh  
Daniel Stein:

My experience with AWS and other VPS/VDS providers is that it get's pretty expensive if you want real powerful performance.

If you need them for a short period of time you can use them. In case you need this high performance longer it's much cheaper to build a powerful system yourself.

Ok thanks for the info, how much are you taking about here? Say running them for a few hours? Also what other VPS type services have you used that are similar to AWS? as after contacting them they are not ideal solutions. 
To add comments, please log in or register