Today there were updates from both MT5 and Windows 10. So I waited until the market closed. As soon as market has closed I have updated MT5 first and then Windows 10. After the update I am not able to run any of the EAs on the strategy tester that I have developed. It fails as soon as 1 bar appears and the journal says connection closed.
My earlier build was 1981 and new one is 1983.
Among the example EA MACD sample is loading but not placing any orders. on EURUSD 1 H. Moving Average EA works fine.
My EA calling these classes
same as MACD sample.
Note that moving average only using
Its trading fine on strategy tester.
Could the problem be with the included classes?
My EA also tries to create a fibo object upon load. Since there is no market movement I do no see the fibonacci object is being created when I load it to live chart. However EA seems to be loaded nicely on the chart.
I just finished a backtest before the update. After the update the same EA cannot pass through more than 1 bar on strategy tester.
What do you think the problem is?
Thanks for your time
In similar situations I had to recompile the EAs and indicators so they would run (only possible when I had the source code).
The next step I had to take when I had no source code was to delete the EA or indicator and reinstall. This was usually on EAs and indicators from Market (at this site). Somebody told me I could email service desk to get an additional activation if I needed it to reinstall but I did not try to do this. I always had the extra activation available to work with.
Thanks Michael for your response. I think in my case its a bit different scene. I uninstalled the new build and downloaded the setup file that is currently available at this site. After installing it i immediately got a prompt to update the terminal but I ignored it and ran my EAs. It works fine. Then I have updated the terminal again and EA's does not work anymore. Please note that the setup file which is now available for download has a build 1940, but after installing the build is 1983. My last known build was 1981 when I was backtesting my EA's last night. After updating I got 1983 build.
I hope someone from the MQL5 can try to figure it out whats wrong.
I am sure its probably my EA lacking something to cope with the new build. Would be nice to know but I only get the following message:
2019.02.09 11:40:41.674 Core 1 connection closed
Unfortunately I cannot share my code here since I was preparing it for the market.
The EA is loading on live charts successfully with the new update (Build 1983). So the problem is with the strategy tester. I have two objects in my EA. A fibonacci and an info Panel. None of the objects are being created on strategy tester chart while visual mode on on. If its going to be like this that in MT5 strategy tester no object will be created then a lot of the EA's will have to discard the development as I am going to do with my EA.
I hope more people can share their views on this.