How to test a signal with small amount of money?

Hi,
I wonder if I can test a signal, with like 50 or 100 US$? This signal <deleted>) does not say how much you need but I was thinking to allocate a percentage of
money that will result in 50 or 100 US$

Is this posible or do I need to invest 1000 US$ or more in a signal?

Regards,

Oliver

oliversl:
I do not recommend to go in with that small amount. I suggest you read this article first https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/23777
Simple Steps To Correct Lot Sizes When Subscribing To Signals
Simple Steps To Correct Lot Sizes When Subscribing To Signals
  • www.mql5.com
In my opinion, there should be no reason to ever set the deposit allocation in step 1 below 95%, and I wish it could be set at 100%. Your FX Broker should make it easy for you to setup multiple accounts and to instantly transfer money between your accounts to get the correct account balance for these calculations. And you should never have more...

Please do not refer/link to specific signals or products. This can be considered promoting the signal/product and you could be banned.

oliversl:

Hi,
I wonder if I can test a signal, with like 50 or 100 US$? This signal <deleted>) does not say how much you need but I was thinking to allocate a percentage of
money that will result in 50 or 100 US$

Is this posible or do I need to invest 1000 US$ or more in a signal?

Regards,

Oliver

It depends on the signal and the lot size of its trades.

Contact the signal provider or study its trading history to see if you can copy it proportionally with a small amount.

For example if the signal open 0.10 lot orders with $1000 balance, yes you can copy it with $100 and have the same risk.

If it opens 0.03 orders with $1000 balance, you will need a minimum of $350 in order to copy it with the same risk.

Kenneth Parling:
I do not recommend to go in with that small amount. I suggest you read this article first https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/23777
Many thanks Kenneth, I realize now that I have to have the same leverage and more than 10 US$. I see signals with more than 10% return so my 1st though is not to trust that info, but I don't see any other way to test than with real money.

Eleni Anna Branou:

It depends on the signal and the lot size of its trades.

Contact the signal provider or study its trading history to see if you can copy it proportionally with a small amount.

For example if the signal open 0.10 lot orders with $1000 balance, yes you can copy it with $100 and have the same risk.

If it opens 0.03 orders with $1000 balance, you will need a minimum of $350 in order to copy it with the same risk.

I understand now, I better follow the instruction of the signal author that say to copy with 2000 US$, will see how I get a lower requirement signal

Keith Watford:
Please do not refer/link to specific signals or products. This can be considered promoting the signal/product and you could be banned.
Sorry, didn't knew that rule, won't happen again. Regards.

you must use high leverage, which means that your trades will require less margin to open a trade.

high leverage gives the same profit/pip, but requires less margin.

with careful calculations, you can do this, and it can be very fun.

i would be happy to help you get started doing this, if you like..

<Deleted>

oliversl:

<Deleted>

Great, wish you best of luck!

That questions is kind of weird - Risk in relation to the investment / Capital. As soon you obtained enough reference, you can scale it. Simply estimate risk in percentage and it does the job. 
Reason: