Windows OS Update disables EA activation every month..

Windows Update could disables  the EA's  activation every month...

If you set the  OS update stopped, the computer will find that and fix it to update "these days"!!( I'm using my home PC , and  also ,sometimes VPS.)

The  EA Invalidation occured to  MT4 by the Update of this time! (2018/12/12) Then, You will not be able to set your EA to  the Chart like demos!

Do you have an idea to manage this thing?  ..Even if you can not solve perfectly.

ajfsJJ:

Windows Update could disables  the EA's  activation every month...

If you set the  OS update stopped, the computer will find that and fix it to update "these days"!!( I'm using my home PC , and  also ,sometimes VPS.)

The  EA Invalidation occured to  MT4 by the Update of this time! (2018/12/12) Then, You will not be able to set your EA to  the Chart like demos!

Do you have an idea to manage this thing?  ..Even if you can not solve perfectly.

Only major Windows upgrades, deactivate EAs from your PC.

In such cases MQL5 usually adds one extra activation for all products purchased from MQL5.com marketplace.

Eleni Anna Branou:

In such cases MQL5 usually adds one extra activation for all products purchased from MQL5.com marketplace.

Thanks for your comment!

>>Only major Windows upgrades, deactivate EAs

>>In such cases MQL5 usually adds one extra activation

Understood!

Eleni Anna Branou:

Hi Eleni

this happened to me after the recent Windows 10 update. I had to reinstall the ea on the same PC from the market place which cost me one of my remaining installs. Who in mql5 would "return" the extra activation?  

thanks, Kieran

kieran99:

Hi Eleni

this happened to me after the recent Windows 10 update. I had to reinstall the ea on the same PC from the market place which cost me one of my remaining installs. Who in mql5 would "return" the extra activation?  

thanks, Kieran

In major windows updates MQL5 usually adds one extra activation for all products purchased from MQL5.com marketplace.

Hi if you upgrade your windows version e.g from 7 to 10, is anything can be done regarding lost activations?

Georgios B.:
Hi if you upgrade your windows version e.g from 7 to 10, is anything can be done regarding lost activations?

I don't think so, Metaquotes credits an activation for universal major updates, so a local and personal upgrade is not eligible.

I see. But there are dozen different windows OS not only 10, and they have different major and critical updates at different times. Is there a way to apply for an extra activation in specific cases and how you can prove it? Contact form doesn't let you ask different issues other  than those are specified, and I bet they cannot track any major update in all windows various OS.

Regards, G.B

Hi,

I read in the forum that Metaquotes will add an activation credit for Windows 10 update that disabled the EA and need fresh installation.

My Windows was had an update on April 18, 2021 and it made my EA need to be reinstalled. The re-installation cost me 1 activation credit although I'm not reinstalling my OS.

I have waited for almost a month but I checked that there still no activation credit addition in my account.

My question is can you tell me when the activation credit to compensate that update will be added? 

Michael K:

Hi,

I read in the forum that Metaquotes will add an activation credit for Windows 10 update that disabled the EA and need fresh installation.

My Windows was had an update on April 18, 2021 and it made my EA need to be reinstalled. The re-installation cost me 1 activation credit although I'm not reinstalling my OS.

I have waited for almost a month but I checked that there still no activation credit addition in my account.

My question is can you tell me when the activation credit to compensate that update will be added? 

No one knows here about when the activations will be added for the next time.
Last time it was added 8th of March this year:
Added activations for purchased Market products following Windows 10 Version 20H2 release 
----------------

This is the explanation from MQ:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Make sure that nothing flies after updating Windows 10!

Renat Fatkhullin , 2017.05.13 20:13

Here the question must be asked to Microsoft - why does Microsoft put every major update as a new OS. And Microsoft puts it as a new, just look at the residual Windows, old directories and a bunch of other garbage.

Some fanatic does it for them, killing licensing systems of tens of thousands of programs around the world. Yes, it certainly kills - no need to watch a special case of your computer.

Added activations for purchased Market products following Windows 10 Version 20H2 release
  • www.mql5.com
Microsoft has officially released its new Windows 10, version 20H2...

Sergey Golubev:

No one knows here about when the activations will be added for the next time.
Last time it was added 8th of March this year:
----------------

This is the explanation from MQ:

Thank you for the information Sergey.
Reason: