Experts: Smart Tunel Trading - page 7

Nice work

useful

Aharon Tzadik:
Hello
Thank you for sharing the EA,
I have a suggestion to improve it,
Since you can not perform a back test with graphs on MT4, you can use trendlines as a filter for any strategy you want.
For example: take two moving averages, optimize them and use the lines as a filter:
If both trend lines are rising the trend is up, if both are going down the trend is down,
If there is a meeting and a crossing between the lines then this implies a big future breakthrough of the price.
I've included a ready EA file , all you need is to optimize and run the EA on chart.
I hope people will benefit from the EA file I have attached.

Inputs

• USEMOVETOBREAKEVEN - Enable "no loss" break even system (values: 0-1).
  • WHENTOMOVETOBE - When to move break even (values: 10-100).
  • PIPSTOMOVESL - How much pips to move stop loss (values: 10-100).
  • Lots - Lots size (values: 0.01-10).
  • MaximumRisk - maximum risk from total margin in %, (values: 0.01 - 0.3).
  • If "MaximumRisk =0" then "Lot=constant"
  • DecreaseFactor - decrease from total margin if you lose a trade.
  • TrailingStop= set a value from 10 to 100 to activate trailing stop loss & take profit, "0" will not activate trailing stop loss.
  • Stop_Loss - Stop Loss (values: 10-100).
  • MagicNumber - Magic number (values: 1-100000).
  • TakeProfit - Take Profit (values: 10-100).
  • FastMA - Fast Moving Average (values: 1-20).
  • SlowMA - Slow Moving Average (values: 50-200).
  •  Distance-Distance between two averages (values: 10-60).

Previos version was with an error-unable to trade,use this one.

Files:
Simple_2_MA.mq4  74 kb

Interesting robot, thank you for sharing. I have been trying to learn MQL and still getting to grips of methodology behind it and see if there is any improvements i may be able to contribute.

Could you please share what inputs you used to get your graph with with "14% highest drawdown and Profit factor about 6.5" I cant get anything near that on tick data and your recommended EURUSD pair.

Thanks again

Hello, does it need special files set up,?  thanks 

Great job!!  

1. I have attached this EA to 9 instruments (EU, GU, UJ, UC, GJ, GC, NU, AU and CL)

2. I have put max lot size to 1.0 in each instrument.

3. Max risk remains 0.30

Questions:

1. Will the max lot size apply to each instrument or to all instruments put together?

2. I assume 0.30 risk means 30% of total equity.  Does this apply to overall portfolio value?

Please revert.

Thanks 

Timezone? Someone know what time zone is used for this EA? My broker is using GMT +1.

Luca Orioli:

Hi Ali, I'm testing your EA and I think it's great! I attach my personal set that seems to be very profitable on certain pairs.

Can you explain what does parameter "Profit in points to take away" mean?

Thanks

P.S. In M1 and M5 charts it opens really a lot of position, even more than 150 in 3 hours, so be careful, ICM will ban you account as Hyperactive! I've found an optimal broker for M1 and M5 charts, if someone want more details PM me. 

Hi Luca!

Do you have any good/optimized settings for TM H1 and EUR/USD?

How has it worked so far with this EA?

Big thanks.

Andreas

Andreas Landberg:

Hi Luca!

Do you have any good/optimized settings for TM H1 and EUR/USD?

How has it worked so far with this EA?

Big thanks.

Andreas

No, I found a bug in tp function and also that this ea is not really profitable as it is. Maybe adding a martingale option, like cap recovery strategy, it will became profitable. However if you want see that's myfxbook 
Reason: