V1N1 LONY Breakout 5.10 - page 3

Vinicius de Oliveira:

Hello, what I have that is more like what you are wanting is the attached file.

To use according to the strategy you described:
- Use H1 timeframe;
-Set Start Trade to 1 hour after the opening of the London session;
- Set 1 toTrading Range;
- Set 5 to ADR Period;
- Set 10 to ADR Percentage.

If you make any improvements in the code, please share.

Thank you,

I will try it out, i am not really a programmer, but if I make any improvements I will be more than happy to share .

I’m going to try this EA. I have optimized it and it looks good for M30 GBPJPY. May I know whether this will work with initial amount of $100? How to make the lot size fixed?

aguseka28882:

1.  May I know whether this will work with initial amount of $100?

- I suggest testing before in demo account so you get a sense of the drawdown.

2.  How to make the lot size fixed?

- In the input parameter "Set Positions Risk By", select "Fixed Lot";

- In the input parameter "Positions Risk", enter the lot size.

Vinicius de Oliveira:

1.  May I know whether this will work with initial amount of $100?

- I suggest testing before in demo account so you get a sense of the drawdown.

2.  How to make the lot size fixed?

- In the input parameter "Set Positions Risk By", select "Fixed Lot";

- In the input parameter "Positions Risk", enter the lot size.

Thank you. 

Yes, I already back tested it and also let it run for few weeks in Demo account. Silly me, I couldn’t find the Fixed Lot setup earlier. But now I just want to see how effective it is in Live account. 

If I use Percentage instead of Fixed Lot with balance $100, will it be able to still open position? And how many percent should it be set? I suppose if I use fixed lot, I will set it to 0.01 lot

aguseka28882:

1. If I use Percentage instead of Fixed Lot with balance $100, will it be able to still open position?

- Yes, it opens with the minimum lot of 0.01.

2. And how many percent should it be set?

I recommend a maximum of 1.00%.

3. I suppose if I use fixed lot, I will set it to 0.01 lot.

- It's a good idea.

Vinicius de Oliveira:

Thank you for your answers.

After monitor this EA for quite some time in Demo account, I think maybe few additional indicators can be included. I’m thinking of something like Fibonacci and RSI or ADX to detect trend, support/resistance and also better TP level perhaps. 

I’m not sure if those indicators will help or will even reduce the effectiveness of this EA. Perhaps you can share you experience.

aguseka28882:

I will add some indicators and I hope to improve performance: MACD for trend / entry level; Stochastic for overbought and oversold levels (market entry / exit); and a Moving Average to identify possible reversal (market exit).

Vinicius de Oliveira:

I will add some indicators and I hope to improve performance: MACD for trend / entry level; Stochastic for overbought and oversold levels (market entry / exit); and a Moving Average to identify possible reversal (market exit).

Thank you. Looking forward to get the updated version.

Hi,

I think one thing that can also been added into this EA is moving SL to secure some profit while waiting for TP to be hit. I’m not sure if this can be achieved based on certain indicator or certain profit level expectation, may be move SL X% to secure X% of profit (can be set in parameter input)

aguseka28882:

Hi,

Yes, I intend to add some features like that, to try to protect the profit.

I hope to have time to work on this new version later this month or early next month.

Reason: