indicator not displaying properly - page 2

To add comments, please log in or register
Mladen Rakic
105669
Mladen Rakic  
Fernando Carreiro:

I can confirm the problem that the OP is reporting. It throws out an Access Violation in certain cases, especially on the lower tiemframes:

I don't use the indicator myself and was just curious about it when I started reading this thread and decided to test it.

I used the files provided by the OP for the test.

Access violation has nothing to do with the MQL code. Contact metaquotes

That is pure MQL code - no dll, no hacks and that issue is not caused by that MQL code.

Fernando Carreiro
4333
Fernando Carreiro  
Mladen Rakic: Access violation has nothing to do with the mql code. Contact metaquotes

That may be true, but an access violation can also be caused by code in certain cases too!

I just wanted to call you attention to it, so that you can understand the OP's concerns are valid and that he is not lying, and trying his best to find a solution to the problem.

Mladen Rakic
105669
Mladen Rakic  
Fernando Carreiro:

That may be true, but an access violation can also be cause by code in certain cases too!

I just wanted to call you attention to it, so that you can understand the OP's concerns are valid and that he is not lying, and trying his best to find a solution to the problem.

Does it (MQL causing access violation)?

Show me an example that is caused by the MQL code itself

Fernando Carreiro
4333
Fernando Carreiro  

Mladen RakicDoes it

Show me an example

Please understand that I am not trying to start a flame war, and that I just want to clarify that the OP has a point.

In my own code, I have on two separate occasions run into Access violations. I  don't remember exactly what it was that I fixed. I just remember that it had to do with array manipulation that caused it.

Mladen Rakic
105669
Mladen Rakic  
Fernando Carreiro:

Please understand that I am not trying to start a flame war, and that I just want to clarify that the OP has a point.

In my own code, I have on two separate occasions run into Access violations. I  don't remember exactly what it was that I fixed. I just remember that it had to do with array manipulation that caused it.

If I remember correctly build 1121 had some issues and it was upgraded very quickly to build 1126 - try upgrading to the build I am using (1126)
Fernando Carreiro
4333
Fernando Carreiro  
Mladen Rakic: If I remember correctly build 1121 had some issues and it was upgraded very quickly to build 1126 - try upgrading to the build I am using (1126)
I will do so and report back shortly!
Fernando Carreiro
4333
Fernando Carreiro  
Mladen Rakic: If I remember correctly build 1121 had some issues and it was upgraded very quickly to build 1126 - try upgrading to the build I am using (1126)

Yes! I am now using build 1126 and there was no error this time!

So, note to OP, please carry out the upgrade as suggested by @Mladen Rakic and hopefully it will be resolved for you too!

EDIT: NB! Also, I recompiled it on the newer build!

Jean Francois Le Bas
461
Jean Francois Le Bas  

ok i'm really sorry i thought i had the latest build because MT4 never installed anything new on its own as it always does, so the problem must be with version 1121

i'll try to update my MT4 and i'll report back

Jeff

12
To add comments, please log in or register