Sending Mail notifications from MT4 in MAC

Hello everyone,

I've been using MT4 on MAC and Windows for several years now. It runs well on both OS's, but since the MAC version is actually a virualized PC application through Wine, it has a couple of limitations compared to the pure Windows app. For example, on MAC you will not be able to access the marketplace through MT4. I read somewhere this is because Internet Explorer is not installed.

Now, for the life of me, I have been unable in more than 3 years trading, to be able to send mail notifications throught the Mac version. On Windows it works great, mail server configuration is perfect, and has no issues. But when I try to send through Mac, journal will say it has sent email, but no email is received at all. Weird thing is, when I CLOSE MT4 on Mac, I receive those mail notifications on my email... 

Has anyone with MAC had this issue resolved? Is there some other way MAC users can receive Mail notifications from MT4?

(using a Virtual Machine to run Windows is not the issue here, I know it works, but it does pose a burden on performance for my Mac)

Thanks!

I have the same problem, someone has figured it out.

Hi guys, unfortunately, MT4 platform was designed for Windows OS and issues will be showing from time to time. The best solution to resolve this case is to use Windows OS. Regards Greg

Hello, I have had the same issue with MT4 on linux(ubuntu) / wine.

I don't know the root cause, but I could avoid this by constructing relay SMTP server on ubuntu.

I'm using "Postfix" for SMTP daemon on ubuntu, and I set "localhost:25" to "SMTP server:" setting on MT4 application.

Note that "SMTP login:" must not be blank, but can be dummy. The actual login ID and password are set to Postfix.

Reason: