Most reliable and safe way to make 2% per month

Good day all traders!

What would be the most reliable and safe way to make 2%-3% per month. An EA, to follow a signal or to invest in a MAM or PAM account. I am a little uncomfortable to invest a large sum of money in MAM or PAM as I am not sure how to control the risk properly. With an EA or signal I can set the risk to 5% or 10% of the account value (i.e. hard stops). At this stage I do not have the time to trade myself and can only lock into my account 4 - 5 times a week.

Thanx for ideas, opinions and suggestions. Keep them comming!

Dtoitc:

Good day all traders!

What would be the most reliable and safe way to make 2%-3% per month. An EA, to follow a signal or to invest in a MAM or PAM account. I am a little uncomfortable to invest a large sum of money in MAM or PAM as I am not sure how to control the risk properly. With an EA or signal I can set the risk to 5% or 10% of the account value (i.e. hard stops). At this stage I do not have the time to trade myself and can only lock into my account 4 - 5 times a week.

Its nice to see someone who doesn't want to be rich in a month, for a change!

There are quite a few ways to make 2-3% a month with conservative money management, but we can't suggest specific ways in this forum.

You should not invest a penny into accounts that are controlled by external parties.

This means no Signals and no purchased EA, because it is gambling.

You literally hand over your cash to have someone else speculate with it.

This is a recipe for disaster.

Those people end up broke many times and they blame the signal provider or EA whilst it was their own mistake.

If you do not have the time to trade my advice is to just stock and save up the cash until you do have time to trade.

It won't be 3% but it will still be there when you want to start...

2% return per month is the same as 26.8% per year.

Discover such a system and you will become a billionaire.

Hint: Warren Buffett, the greatest investor of all time, made 20% per year over decades and there are very few people who came close to this.

Christian Peters:

2% return per month is the same as 26.8% per year.

Discover such a system and you will become a billionaire.

Hint: Warren Buffett, the greatest investor of all time, made 20% per year over decades and there are very few people who came close to this.

Buffett of course have his own style which is: Investor.

Trader style is different from Investor style; good traders can achieve an average of 40%+ on yearly basis (of course they can and do have negative years as well)

What you are saying is a bullshit in fact with 26,8% per year you need something like 40- 50 years (without any withdrawal in the meanwhile) to achieve what you say (billionaire) if you start with a capital between 20K and 50K

2% per month is not the holy grail as you stated, of course to achieve that consistently you still need hard work but the goal is very achievable, the main trouble is that most people are undercapitalized so 2% represent a too little encouragement to make hard work required to achieve the consistency that you need for your very long term goal.

Dtoitc:

Most reliable and safe way to make 2% per month

Create your own credit card. Some of them get Regular APR of 15.74% - 25.74%* (V) .

That's close to 2% per month.

Just about 2% per month ...

It is possible in case of the following: you will turn your mind from "making profit" to "I want to invest".
Because if you are going to invest ... example: "are you going to invest in this signal?" ... do you catch the differences between "making profit" and "i want to invest"?

How much to invest?
Does not matter ... 1 dollar ... 100 dollars ... 1,000 dollars ... it is your money.

I mean:
if you think with the 'investment' category instead of "I want to make a profit" so everything will be fine, and you will select the signal and/or the market product for everything you need ...

It was my experience.

example:

Some unknown guy is telling that he will make a profit (for you!) as a 1000% in a year (for example only).
If you are thinking by investment category so ... did you invest your one dollar or one cent to him? He is looking for money ... nothing more (nothing special) - just money ..
Invest? ok, it's your choice ... Not? Why? ....

Yes! We should start to think as investors ...

Thanx all you are making very valid points. Fortunately I have no intension to become a billionaire. That is very easy, but risky. All you have to do is move to some country and you will be an instant billionaire (not that your money will be worth any thing but at least you can tick the bucket list). It will also come with some safety risks.

So back to the real deal. If you look at some of the accounts that is available to follow, there are some that have been doing very well over a long period of time at low drawdown. Problem is that at 2% per month you need to invest significant money to make it count over a significant period to make it count. This is the conundrum I have - I do not know when the trader in control decides to change something in his strategy or setup that suddenly changes the risk! I think that is the point Marco was trying to make.

A classic bank saving account offers from 0.5 to 3% annual profit : investment in a saving account should be clearly differentiate from investment in a signal, if the first one is risk free, the second one isn't. 

Dtoitc:

Good day all traders!

The best way is to learn everything you can according to your own personality since this is going to drive path to your learning style, then start making 2% or 3% per month

I can say scalping then everyone will raise a red flag immediately, someone else will say trading signal then others will go 100% against it, some trading styles are very conservative but safe then it will take years to achieve

To be honest the answer for this question is in you, if you specify more what kind of person you are then the help might be more precise

P.S. 

I am a little uncomfortable to invest a large sum of money in MAM or PAM as I am not sure how to control the risk properly.

That's not good :S

Reason: