the trick to every ea

hi guys, my question: what is the trick to ea's to make them last, is it indicators or something else. 

tnx

As to me so I did not understand sorry ...

alexaider:

hi guys, my question: what is the trick to ea's to make them last, is it indicators or something else. 

tnx

Best trick use low leverage, use low risk 

alexaider:

tnx

Waseem Raza:

Best trick use low leverage, use low risk 

Waseem Raza is right, I do agree with him.

Plus also you need to know:

• when to switch on and off.
  • When does it perform best (News hour or Non news hour, 30 minute after new or what ever minutes or hours after news)
  • Which trading session does it perform best? (New York, London, Asian)
  • Which time frame does it perform best?
  • Which pair does it perform best?
  • What spread does it tolerate?
  • After how many weeks or months does it need to be re-optimized for a new and best setting?
  • What starting capital do you need in order for your EA to resist the draw down of a trade/market that has gone against the logic of your EA
  • Know when its enough for the EA to take a lost trade (remember there is always an other day to trade, never let greediness over take control. The use of stop loss is very important).
  • and many more ...

other people can contribute too
Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5
Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
is an instruction given to a broker to buy or sell a financial instrument. There are two main types of orders: Market and Pending. In addition, there are special Take Profit and Stop Loss levels. is the commercial exchange (buying or selling) of a financial security. Buying is executed at the demand price (Ask), and Sell is performed at the...

what is the trick to ea's to make them last

Look up "trade strategy robustness" in Google.

There are a number of articles that describe ways to test the robustness of your trade strategy.

One of the most important aspects is what Chris Mukengeshayi said:

• when to switch on and off.

The above statement includes what time it performs better, does it require a trending or ranging market, is the spread too big, etc, etc.

Making an EA is actually easy. What is hard is to make an EA that works 24h a day without human intervention.
Reason: