Is it possible to read a file on the internet without downloading it

I want to read a csv file on internet.. currently I download it and read it from there, but is there a way to read the file from the internet without downloading it?

pipspider:
I want to read a csv file on internet.. currently I download it and read it from there, but is there a way to read the file from the internet without downloading it?

Webrequest pulls data from a web server. In theory, you could pull a CSV file instead of a web page.

I'm assuming the CSV file is on a web server since you say "on internet."

https://docs.mql4.com/common/webrequest

I've not tried this myself, but in theory it should work.

Anthony Garot:

Webrequest pulls data from a web server. In theory, you could pull a CSV file instead of a web page.

I'm assuming the CSV file is on a web server since you say "on internet."

https://docs.mql4.com/common/webrequest

I've not tried this myself, but in theory it should work.

Hello Anthony Thanks for your answer, the way I do now is downloading the CSV, and then read the CSV from my computer, I want to know can I read it without even downloading any file to the PC.
Thanks again for you time.. :D

pipspider:
Hello Anthony Thanks for your answer, the way I do now is downloading the CSV, and then read the CSV from my computer, I want to know can I read it without even downloading any file to the PC.
Thanks again for you time.. :D
No you can't, obviously.

Alain Verleyen:
No you can't, obviously.
Alright Thanks for letting me know.. Appreciate your time..

pipspider: I want to read a csv file on internet.. currently I download it and read it from there, but is there a way to read the file from the internet without downloading it?

Translation: I want to read a book that's in the library.. currently I go to the library and borrow it, but Is there a way to read the book from the library without borrowing it?

No, you can't, obviously.

whroeder1:

Translation: I want to read a book that's in the library.. currently I go to the library and borrow it, but Is there a way to read the book from the library without borrowing it?

No, you can't, obviously.

You can read the PDF copy of it online without borrowing it.. haha .. :D

pipspider:

I've never used WebRequest otherwise I would have take the time to make a mql's economic calendar reader library. Just saying. 

pipspider:
I want to know can I read it without even downloading any file to the PC.

Can you explain why you want to do this? Security? File is too large?

And what do you mean by "read" in this context?

I mean, technically, you could remote into the box with the CSV on it and look at it, and no "copy" of the original file would take place. To use @whroeder1's analogy, it would be like going to a library to read one of those reference book that they don't let you take outside the library.

Anthony Garot:

And what do you mean by "read" in this context?

I mean, technically, you could remote into the box with the CSV on it and look at it, and no "copy" of the original file would take place. To use @whroeder1's analogy, it would be like going to a library to read one of those reference book that they don't let you take outside the library.

Exactly this is what I want to do.. Can you give me a hint as to how to achieve this

Anthony Garot:

For educational purposes to be honest.. I just wanted to know whether it is possible or not..

Thanks again for your time..

pipspider: You can read the PDF copy of it online without borrowing it.. haha .. :D

Not without downloading it you can't.

pipspiderbut is there a way to read the file from the internet without downloading it?
Reason: