Why is a crossover not a crossover buy or sell signal (stratedgy tester)

What are the dotted blue and red lines when testing a stratedgy. They are dicating buy, sell and closes instead of the actual MA's.

How do you correct this? Everybodies stratedgy I have tested ever. (hundreds and hundreds. Paid and unpaid)  Kills accounts via testing. And see why in the testing other things control what programming asks mt4 to do. 

This is as simple as it gets. Open at crossover and close at next crossover. 

Blaqwallst Official:

What are the dotted blue and red lines when testing a stratedgy. They are dicating buy, sell and closes instead of the actual MA's.

How do you correct this? Everybodies stratedgy I have tested ever. (hundreds and hundreds. Paid and unpaid)  Kills accounts via testing. And see why in the testing other things control what programming asks mt4 to do. 

I haven't understand your question!
except that dotted blue/red lines on the back test. The dotted line(s) show you the trade life/history.

Blaqwallst Official: What are the dotted blue and red lines when testing a stratedgy. They are dicating buy, sell and closes instead of the actual MA's.

Because the code for both the Indicator and the EA you have attached was generated by "EA Builder" which creates extremely bad code, filled with plenty of bugs.

Even if we try explain all the bugs and how to fix them, you would not understand because you don't know how to code.

To build a profitable EA, requires that you be both good at coding and even better at trading. Without good skills in both, you will require that someone else fill the gap, be that at coding or at trading.

Fernando Carreiro:

To build a profitable EA, requires that you be both good at coding and even better at trading. 

You do not need an EA when you are a good trader. Your starting point is to first be a good trader. 

You only need the EA to trade while you are sleeping, when you are a one-person operation.

In a business, someone else would trade while you are sleeping - when you have a very profitable trading plan. 

PennySeven:

You do not need an EA when you are a good trader. Your starting point is to first be a good trader. 

It is not always! You can be a great experienced manual trader but you prefer to use EAs.
Maybe because of the bad traders' emotions, it is enough reason.

Mohammad Soubra:
It is not always! You can be a great experienced manual trader but you prefer to use EAs.
Maybe because of the bad traders' emotions, it is enough reason.

True. :-)

PennySeven:

You only need the EA to trade while you are sleeping, when you are a one-person operation.

In a business, someone else would trade while you are sleeping - when you have a very profitable trading plan. 

We are all retail traders here and not institutional professional traders, so thank you for making my point that for making a profitable EA, one needs to be both a good coder and a better trader.

I appreciate the input. I am profitable. It would be nice to have the automation get you into the trade in a trusting manner and I can take over and mange the trade from there. I just can't find no one and nothing that doesn't di crazy trades. These EAs will make the right trade and then turn around and do something so off course after clearly displaying it knows what to do. And that my friend is unacceptable. I don't care how professional they are at coding a simple crossover. I have tested hundreds of these things and yet to find anything I am will to give half the chance with.

It must be out there. Let me know all!

Build and build more

BlaWwallStreet The Official:

I appreciate the input. I am profitable. It would be nice to have the automation get you into the trade in a trusting manner and I can take over and mange the trade from there. I just can't find no one and nothing that doesn't di crazy trades. These EAs will make the right trade and then turn around and do something so off course after clearly displaying it knows what to do. And that my friend is unacceptable. I don't care how professional they are at coding a simple crossover. I have tested hundreds of these things and yet to find anything I am will to give half the chance with.

It must be out there. Let me know all!

Build and build more

What do you expect? You used a code generator to produce the EA when you know nothing about coding yourself in order to evaluate its quality!

If you want cheap or free, you will get rubbish code. Professional programmers are not cheap and they will charge you accordingly for quality work!

Reason: