Import data to MT5

Hi,

I am new to MT5. I have been trying to import data in txt file for custom symbols to MT5. For unknown reasons, sometimes data could not be imported for some custom symbols, or data could only be partially imported. Did anyone else encountered similar problems?

Thanks,

Vincent 

I have no idea about this problem sorry but just want to remind the article about - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Something Interesting

Sergey Golubev, 2017.09.21 14:22

The other new and interesting article - 

============

Creating and testing custom symbols in MetaTrader 5

Custom symbols in MetaTrader 5 offer new opportunities for developing trading systems and analyzing any financial markets. Now traders are able to plot charts and test trading strategies on an unlimited number of financial instruments. To do this, they only need to create their custom symbol based on a tick or minute history. Custom symbols can be used to test any trading robot from the Market or the free source code library.

Apart from your own agents, you are able to use agents from a local network and remote agents to optimize trading strategies on custom symbols. This is yet another advantage of the MetaTrader 5 strategy tester allowing you to shorten the time spent searching for optimal parameters of your trading system.

Sergey Golubev:

I have no idea about this problem sorry but just want to remind the article about - 

Hi Sergey,

thanks for your reply. I read that article before I know how to import data for custom symbol. And I was able to do it except some symbols. In an article about MT4 data importing for 90% quality backtesting, it mentioned some configurations on MT4. Any idea if it is also valid for MT5? 

Thanks

Vincent

I have a number of symbols to be imported with data in txt files. I wonder if there is an tools that can help automate the importing so that custom symbols can be created following with data importing. It is very time and consuming and effort demanding to do import manually.

Thanks a lot for any recommendations.

Vincent 

Hi,

I wonder how many years of historical data per symbol can be imported to MT5. I could only import 5 years of data. Did anyone experience the same issue? Is MT5 a reliable platform for back-testing?

Thanks,

Vincent

trade4free:

Hi,

I wonder how many years of historical data per symbol can be imported to MT5. I could only import 5 years of data. Did anyone experience the same issue? Is MT5 a reliable platform for back-testing?

Thanks,

Vincent

About backtesting - read this summary - 

----------------

All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud

hi,

I found out by trial and error that around 130KB of historical data can be imported per symbol. With this data limit I could load no more than 5 years of historical data for back testing. How can I uplift this restriction?

Thanks for any inputs,

Vincent

trade4free:

hi,

I found out by trial and error that around 130KB of historical data can be imported per symbol. With this data limit I could load no more than 5 years of historical data for back testing. How can I uplift this restriction?

Thanks for any inputs,

Vincent

Ask in the service desk about additional possibility and advice (they are the developers).

Reason: